is coffee addicting

Coffee Is More Than just A Caffeinated Drink

They may seem mainstream to some, but if you can find your favorite quiet place and taste every drink on the menu, that alone can be enough to turn a gloomy day into one with rainbows.

36
McKenna Hutchinson

Coffee. A drink you can experience in so many different cultures. The beauty of it? The surprises never end. It can be a popular meeting spot in the middle of town or a secret spot to visit that only has a few seats in the shop. No matter where you travel, finding a good coffee shop allows the opportunity to feel comfortable in maybe a not-so-comfortable place.

Last summer, I made it my mission to find a new coffee place each week. I am not an expert on coffee beans or deciding what taste I am looking for in a simple, signature black coffee. I am, however, one to try new things.

I have one of the most indecisive minds and can't seem to decide whether I like a vanilla latte or a cappuccino more. So instead of switching between the two and taking 10 minutes to choose, I would find a new "watering hole" and ask the barista at the register what their favorite drink is. That would be my drink of choice for that coffee shop each time I went.

It became a game I decided to take back to Manhattan, KS when I returned to school in August. Each coffee shop I went to, I decided to ask the barista working for their drink of choice for the day. Instead of sticking to three drinks (since there aren't many coffee shops in the small town), I would hope to try a new drink each visit.

Coffee has not only become something to give me a wake up call and assist in my productivity; coffee became a pairing to writing my articles, studying for exams, catching up with friends, or using it as an excuse to take my boyfriend out and continue learning new things about each other.

Coffee sprouted a new level of popularity with those within the ages of 16 to 26-years-old. Although it sky-rocketed the amount of pictures posted of beverages, it also drew people out of their homes and social media screens and increased the meetings with old friends and co-workers and strengthening relationships.

I have found a new form of comfort in sitting inside a cozy coffee shop enjoying a favorite beverage and something sweet or savory. They may seem mainstream to some, but if you can find your favorite quiet place and taste every drink on the menu, that alone can be enough to turn a gloomy day into one with rainbows.

If you're in the KC area, be sure to check out my town favorites!

Messenger Coffee: Vanilla Latte

Pour Coffee House: Alchemy

Roasterie: Cold Brew with almond milk

Revocup South: Chai Tea

Related Articles Around the Web