How To Find Your Closest Friends In College

How I found my "people" in college
298

When you first get to college it can be really difficult to find your group of friends that you know no matter what will always be there for you. For me, I found mine within my sorority once I got my Big and had not only her but her Big and her twin and her twin's Little. With them I know I'm set for many reasons.

When looking for your "people" in college you should always find people you can picture at your wedding in the future. If you can see that person table dancing or catching the bouquet at your wedding then you know you've got the best type of friends. Those that make you laugh and smile when you are at your lowest points in life are the people you should be surrounding yourself with because in the future they will still be there for you.

You should also find the people you can joke around with. My Big always asks for a cookie and I say "no" even though I'm really joking and I'm going to give her the cookie anyway. Jokes like that or making fun of each other without going too far are the humor you need in your life. Now if someone is just straight going for things they know you are insecure about then they are not your real friends. Jokes should be lighthearted and humorous, not mean and rude.

The last thing you need when finding your best friends in college is a close bond. If you don't feel comfortable around those people and don't feel like you can tell them almost anything then you don't have a close bond. I can tell my sorority fam almost anything in the world and they won't judge me. I also know I can call any of them up and they will listen. We are just very close and I know they will always be my friends.

Finding friends in college is difficult, but once you have that group you will know they are your friends for life. You can't go actively searching because close friends just kind of happen. I got lucky with finding mine and you will get lucky too.