Classic DIY Sorority Crafts

Classic DIY Sorority Crafts

34

For all those sorority girls like me, we’re guilty: crafting for our rooms is one of our favorite things. Summertime is perfect for endless pinning on Pinterest and googling the cutest and easiest crafts for our new living arrangements in the fall.

Because I know just how addicting crafting can be, here are some of my recent favorites that I found on the web!

1) Wooden hand-painted letters. There are endless patterns and designs to choose from; some of my favorite are chevron, polka-dot, and even just plain glitter. This is a  cute gift for a roommate and can give that extra personalization to your room.

2) Painted canvases. The possibilities are endless when it comes to these! Start by painting the background either a solid color or a design, and add a quote, sorority letters, or just about anything you want. These are great to hang on the walls above beds and dressers.  

3) DIY banner. Use thick cut-out paper or even thin-cut wood and punch holes at the top of the letters. You can write out your sorority, a quote, or you and your roommate’s names. Hang these against a wall in the middle of the room so when people walk in, they can easily read it.  

4) Customized mason jars. Last summer, I tried this one out and LOVED it! Use crafting glue like ModgePodge and use a paint brush to completely cover the inside a mason jar with glue. Pour in any type of glitter you want, cover the top of the mason jar, and shake it for about 15 seconds. Roll the mason jar around in your hands to make sure every inch is glittered. If you want to try something else, painting the outside of a mason jar is another idea. You can do any design, but I plan on trying out some Lily Pulitzer artwork.  

5) Fill-in picture frames. One of my friends from home did this for me and it’s one of my favorite gifts I’ve ever received. She took a picture frame that is made to hold sand/rocks/etc on the inside in front of a picture, and filled it with shells. She then glued a small polkda-dotted anchor to the inside bottom-right corner of a picture of me and my best friend from college and used that for the actual picture. It ended up looking really cute and sailor themed. This could be a cute gift to give your future roommate.  

6) Painted mugs. Simply draw on a mug (letters, a quote, a design, etc.) and put it in the  oven to set the ink. This could be a cute gift for your little or big!  

7) Decorated cups/tumblers. Use sequins, jewels, pearls (fake of course!), rhinestones, flowers, etc. on the outside of cup/camelbak/tumbler and write your letters or initials. Perfect to have so you never get your cups mixed up with your roommate or floor-mates!

There are endless crafts for the everyday-college-girl, and if you want to find more, simply search Pinterest or Tumblr for cute ideas. Happy crafting!