3 Best Classes I've Ever Taken

3 Best Classes I've Ever Taken

Great classes and professors come once in a blue moon.
254

As an undergrad, especially in your first two years, the worst thing that could happen to you is having a horrible teacher or realizing that you're not really interested in the subjects you once thought you were. As my second year at the University of South Florida is coming to an end, I've been reflecting on my first two years of college. It honestly went by so fast, but the most memorable parts are the classes I loved.

1. Sociology

Sociology is the study of human society. As a psychology major, not only am I interested in the working of the human mind and behavior but through sociology, I found that I also enjoyed learning about the way in which our psyche and behaviors affect society as a whole. I was especially interested in the sections of sociology that involved crime, and the societal pressures that lead some to live a life of crime and others not to. Taking this course helped me come to the realization that I'm very interested in criminal psychology, and largely influenced by the interest in becoming a Forensic Psychiatrist.

2. Bio 2

First thing first, I completely hated Bio 1. Yes, I know I want to be a doctor, but learning all this cell respiration cycle and DNA replications stuff. It was just so overwhelming. I was really scared for Bio 2 but was happy when I found I really enjoyed it. Bio 2 is about animals and evolution.If you're an animal lover like me, I think you would really enjoy this class. Especially if you like the weird prehistoric ones, like in Discover Channel documentaries, those come up a lot in this class.

3. Chem 2

I know how crazy it is to like a science class; however, like Bio 1 - I also really struggled with Chem 1. I was nervous for Chem 2, but I was also determined to do anything I had to get an A. Turns out, I didn't have to do much. Chem 2 is mostly math, and I really get math. I believe that applying math to chemistry in Chem 2, really gave me a better foundation for chemistry in Orgo 1. I found it very easy to past this class. Granted, I had a great professor.