Christmastime is the Best Time With Eloise

The only thing more wonderful than Christmas in New York is Eloise at Christmastime

104
my photos

Christmas Eve-Eve came and left, a holiday all in itself. That is because of the best Christmas movie of all time. Eloise at Christmastime. There is nothing better and I will never retract that statement... nor would I expect anyone to want me to.

Eloise at Christmastime is unlike every other Christmas movie which to be honest, I don't like many. I can count three. So two others. Love Actually and Elf. I'm not a fan of the typical, sappy, happy, Miracle of 34th Street ending. While these three movies have happy and satisfying endings. They are different. There is a different feel about each one.

But mostly Eloise at Christmastime.

I don't recall when I first watched it. I must've been about nine, or younger. Ages seem to always mesh together and become glaringly more split the older I get. From the first time I watched it, I knew there was something different about this movie. It has Julie Andrews who is a queen in every aspect of her being. She has been so many different people, all guiding me in some way in life: Mary Poppins, Maria Von Trapp, Queen Clarisse Renaldi and of course Nanny. What she tackles, she conquers. And the same goes for Eloise.

Who doesn't want to be a six year old with practically free reign of the Plaza Hotel? Who wouldn't want to live and experience for education? Eloise has it all. But all she wants is her loving, but never there mom to come home on Christmas.

Thankfully, however, that comes off more as a side plot because of Eloise's masterful plan to get Bill, a waiter and her best friend, back together with his ex-girlfriend who just happens to be the daughter of the Plaza's owner and is engaged. So many twists and turns. So many staircases and red. "Not burgundy. Not cranberry. Red." So many songs. So many presents. So much suspicion. And of course so much Christmas.

There truly is nothing better.

Eloise does Christmas right. I mean if you can't have a real Christmas tree, always go for the pink ones, am I right?! She has at least 75 items on her own Christmas list, but she also buys over a hundred for others. She is so benevolent. What a gal.

But that's not even why this movie is so good. It is indescribable. It takes me back to the good ol' days but also gives me something to look forward to every year. No matter what is going. No matter the temperature outside. Eloise at Christmastime will make up for it.

That is what I do every Christmas Eve-Eve. Watch Eloise at Christmastime. I practically know it word for word now. Some people say it's a kids movie but I beg to differ. This movie transcends time in a way no other Christmas movie could ever do.

It is original and witty and a couple that you will want nothing more than to end up together. And you always know they will because it's the Plaza and Christmastime. And Eloise is a mastermind.

So, I urge you all to join me in a world wide viewing of the funniest and most heartwarming Christmas movie of all time.