9 Christmas Classic Movies To Kick Off Your Holiday Season

My dog agrees with my list and she's adorable.

55
Megan Kaser

Christmas movies have been out for a few weeks now, but with Thanksgiving behind us now, almost everyone is ready to delve into the Holiday spirit. with seemingly hundreds of new Christmas movies coming out every year, it would be impossible to watch them all. Every person and family have their own personal tastes, but there are some Christmas movies that, in my opinion, are must watches.

Important to note that this list excludes the classics like Rudolph and Frosty, but of course it wouldn't be Christmas without those.

1. 'The Santa Claus'

With Tim Allen as the star, this movie takes a unique plot of a divorced suburban dad accidentally killing Santa Claus and having to fill his shoes.

Quotable line: "Down the chimney? You want me to take the toys down the chimney into a strange house, IN MY UNDERWEAR?"

2.  'The Polar Express'

This movie follows the adventures of a boy who happens to find himself on a magical train - on Christmas Eve nonetheless.

Quotable line: "Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see."

3. ' How the Grinch Stole Christmas' 

Jim Carrey's hilarious rendition of this classic brings loads of laughs while keeping the same heartwarming message as the original,

Quotable Line: "The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there - on such short notice! Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn't allow it. 4:00, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one; 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me - I can't cancel that again; 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing... I'm booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear?"

4. 'Scrooged'

Bill Murray's modern take on the Christmas classic, 'A Christmas Carol' provides some perspective along with loads of giggles.

Quotable line: "The bitch hit me with a toaster!"

5.  'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation'

This movie is sure to provide some comedic relief- especially if you are watching it with extended family around. At least your family's not THIS crazy.

Quotable line:" Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now."

6. 'Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas'

Sure to take you back to your childhood, this movie is full of our favorite Disney characters living out classic Christmas stories.

Quotable line: 'Why, even a broken clock's right two or three times a day, and this time, I'm right!'

7. ' A Charlie Brown Christmas'

Good ol' Charlie Brown seems to have a movie for every big commercial holiday, and Christmas is no exception.

Quotable line: "I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love.''

8. "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"

Henry Winker certainly steals the show providing much of the comedy in this otherwise Christmas love story.

Quotable line: ''One of the first things I learned as a beat cop: never trust a man who wears $800 shoes.''

9. "It's a Wonderful Life"

Some people consider this the best Christmas movie of all time, and honestly, it's my family's tradition to watch it every single Christmas night- I would highly recommend. It's not comedic but it truly is a classic.

Quotable line: " Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings"