There is nothing like the comfort of Christmas music lyrics.
1. "With the kids jingle belling and everyone telling you be a good cheer...It's the most wonderful time of the year!"
This Christmas classic instantly makes me feel cheery and bright. The lyrics remind me that everyone is together in celebrating the holiday and making sure it truly is the most wonderful time of the year.
2. "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose..."
Every time I hear this song I instantly feel like I'm sitting in front of my fireplace in my cozy PJ pants with some hot cocoa. It reminds me of all the seemingly little moments that all add up to make the season joyful and merry.
3. "Everyone dancing merrily in the new old fashion way..." *cue saxophone solo*
My all time favorite! If you don't picture some version of your family gathered for a Christmas meal with the Christmas tree all lit up in the corner then what are you doing?!! Instant merriment.
4. So hang your stockings and say your prayers 'cause Santa Clause comes tonight!"
This one always takes me back to my childhood. I feel like I'm 7 years old again putting out cookies for Santa and being so excited for him to come that I can't sleep! The whole season brings us back to our childhoods and makes us all feel like little excited children who believe in magic again.
5. "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...everywhere you go."
This song reminds me to stop and admire all the beauty of the season. It's the little things that bring us the most joy and what make Christmas so special. Feeling warm and toasty yet?
6. "I don't know if they'll be snow but have a cup of cheer!"
This song always brings out the holly and jolly in me. Christmas is always the best time for rhyming and nonsensical adjectives.
7. "Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is delightful."
Again, I feel like I'm snuggled up in front of the fire place with cocoa. Honestly, I could be knee-deep in snow listening to this song and still feel warm and toasty inside.
8. "Later on, we'll conspire as we dream by the fire.. to face unafraid the plans that we made."
Walking in a winter wonderland! These lyrics remind me that while Christmas only comes around once a year, it renews our spirits, giving us a joy and hope that continues even after the lights come down.