Christmas Break As Told By The Office

Christmas Break As Told By The Office

"Not your typical Schrute Dutch Christmas...but have you been impish or admirable for Belsnickle?"

112
Christmas Break As Told By The Office
NBC.com

Christmas break, also known as the holy grail for college students everywhere. As the most stressful week of our college careers comes to an end (finals week), we are awarded a long, much-needed one month break. Now during this break, we're bound to have tons of time to catch up with family, friends, and partake in all of the holiday activities that the Hallmark movies rave about. Here are some of the Christmas break activities you're bound to relate too, as told by the wise employees from the show "The Office."

1. Realizing you have no school-work to worry about for an entire month.

The thought of not having any type of assignment deadlines due anytime soon is something to fist-bump the air about.

2. Going home to a house that has food, toiletries, heat, and Christmas cheer.

College living can be uh, tough sometimes, considering both you and your roommates are all ballin' on a budget.

3. Reuniting with all of your home friends.

Nothing better than reuniting with all of your pals from home and dancing like nobody is watching (even though we're most likely at a public place, and everybody is watching).

4. Going to the mall for last minute Christmas shopping.

We know we shouldn't wait until the last minute, yet every time we do...

5. Catching up with your sibling's by binge-watching whatever Netflix series you haven't already watched.

"So what's new?" "Nothing much, how about you?" "Same." "Cool, want to watch another episode?" "Yup."

6. Attempting to carry the Christmas Tree into the house.

It WILL fit through the door, you just have to believe...and push really hard.

7. Your mom internally freaking out, because there are pine tree needles all over your living room.

"I knew we should've just opted for the g**damn fake tree..."

8. You trying to remind everyone to say in the Christmas cheer.

Everything is fine, we are fine, Christmas is FINe.

9. Taking a Holiday picture with your family.

Corny holiday pictures... it's tradition.

10. Christmas festivities with your friends.

Celebrating being back together with your friends for the holiday season...nothing better.

11. Waking up on Christmas morning.

Age will never change the amount of excitement you have on Christmas morning.

12. Staring at the array of home-cooked food at the family Christmas party.

Your mouth and stomach have been prepping for this moment since December 1st arrived.

13. Opening your Christmas cards and having a crisp $20 falling out, because they know what college students really need this season.

Family members that understand the struggles of a broke college student...you are the true heros.

14. Soaking in the last few hours of Christmas Day.

It comes once a year, so soaking in the joys of this Holiday is a necessity.

15. Ringing in the New Year with your OG people.

"2018 BABY!!"

16. Attempting to follow through with your New Years resolutions.

Telling yourself that THIS is the year you're actually going to follow through with your resolutions.

17. Remembering you get to see your college friends again soon.

It's been a month since you've seen your college best buds, so the excitement is building for your reunion.

18. Also realizing that means you have to leave your home friends, family and have to start doing school-work again.

Not being able to see your best friends from home, and your family every day anymore, and realizing you have to back in the routine of doing school-work, and real work, and real life.

19. Looking down and seeing you should probably start working on your Spring Break bod.

Christmas break is inevitable for weight gain. Going out with your friends, home-cooked meals, and a whole lot of oversleeping is bound to make you gain some Ibs over to go back to school with.

20. Feeling happier than Stanley on pretzel day looking back on all of the memories you made this holiday season.

Family, friends, and memories for years to come, there is just oh-so-much to be grateful for. There is nothing better than being home for the holidays.

Christmas break is a time where we can unwind, and take care of our mental health after having a stressful first semester. So, do whatever makes you happy this break, and take the time to appreciate all of the blessings in your life. Happy holidays to all!