I'm A Christian And I Support LGBTQ+ Rights

It's our job to love, not judge.

16224
Author's photo

There is a lot of animosity in the Christian community about LGBTQ+ rights. Some are absolutely against them having rights (rights that should be inalienable), others are more open to the concept that we are not to judge, but to love one another no matter what.

I personally do not agree with the LGBTQ+ lifestyles because they conflict with my morals. However, who am I to judge, it's none of my business. Just because I don't agree doesn't mean I don't have love for the people that do.

I refuse to pull the cliche "I have a gay friend" card. Regardless of that, people are people and who they love is no one else's business. I have sinned, and there will never be a time in my life that I will be free of sin.

A sin I commit is no greater or no less. I am far from perfect, and just because I believe something, that doesn't mean the next person does.

It is not hard to realize that not all people are Christians, and while as Christians, it may be our divine duty to guide the lost to God, it is also our duty not to judge or harass those that believe differently. It is our job to love them. And who says that there aren't LGBTQ+ Christians? Once again, sin is equal in God's eyes.

Because it is our job to love the lost (and those who aren't), it is not our place to tell them how to live their lives. They don't tell us how to live ours. This is where separation of church and state comes into place. Why did people come to America in the first place? Among many other reasons, freedom from religious persecution was one of those reasons.

In America, we have the right to practice any religion we choose, or lack thereof. So why are we still fighting for the rights and equal treatment of those who want the freedom to live and love as they please? How does Sally loving Sue or Johnny loving Jim, and so on, affect you? Truth is, it doesn't.

Absolutely no one on this Earth has a right to tell someone who they can and cannot love. Including Christians. We may not agree with it, and in God's eyes, it's wrong.

But guess what is also wrong in God's eyes? Lying, stealing, sex before marriage, cursing, using His name in vain, lust, self-harm/mutilation -- the list goes on and on, yet we still have the right to do those things, don't we?

I am not justifying sinning knowingly. That's a whole different can of worms that I am going to leave closed for now, but my point is that sin is no different than any other.

I have heard comments from Christians, typically those from rural areas, that have been very closed-minded and very harmful to those of the LGBTQ+ community. Comments like, "It's disgusting," "I don't want my kids seeing those relationships," "It grosses me out" and etc. If you feel that way, DON'T LOOK.

Don't want your kid's seeing it? Too bad. It's the real world.

If you want your children to believe the same as you, then teach them. Teach your children to love those around them regardless of their beliefs and teach them to stay strong in their faith.

I am a Christian, and I support LGBTQ+ rights. We are equal and love is love.