Let Go And Let God

Let Go And Let God

It's time to let God lift some of that weight off your shoulders.

1638

We, as human beings, worry. We overthink text messages we send and constantly stress about tests or exams we've taken or need to take. And who can forget the ever-present money problem? No matter how tiny or obscure, every day we all experience something that makes us a little anxious.

And that's completely normal.

The problem comes when we let this fear rule our everyday actions and thoughts. I personally have a bad tendency to imagine every possible worst case scenario in any given situation and while I've always chalked that up to being a realist rather than a worrier, I can't help but admit that it is an exhaustive mindset to constantly be stuck in. It's difficult to enjoy things and live in the moment as much as you should when you're constantly worrying about what comes next and what you will do when that happens. It's not bad to do these things and have these thoughts, but when they begin to occupy almost every aspect of your life, it's time for a change.

It's time to let go and let God do His thing.

It's time to let go of your worries about the future, your preconceived notions about people and anything else that is preventing you from appreciating every second that you're alive. Allow God to carry those burdens for you; trust me, He wants to. Philippians 4:6 says: "Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for what He has done." He does not want you to spend your days as a slave to your thoughts; He wants you to enjoy life and all of His creations. We are not able to do all of this with our own human power because we are too weak, but with His strength, we can do all things.

John 14:27 also says: "And I am leaving you with a gift: peace of mind and heart, and the peace that I give is not a gift the world can give, so do not be troubled or afraid."

God wants our hearts and thoughts to be at ease and without worry.

He has a given us the gift of peace and should we choose to accept it, we will be able to live the way God intended for us to - without fear of worry.

Now doesn't that sound awesome?