Choosing Gods Peace Over Worry

Choosing Gods Peace Over Worry

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

180
Choosing Gods Peace Over Worry

“If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.”

This quote has been spoken to me twice this week, first by my sweet friend and then by my mother. I had been so stressed out about moving, taking my teaching exams and overall just going 100 mph. But by them sharing this quote with me, it made me realize that I needed to slow down, take a step back, realize that God is in control and that I have no need to worry. If you’re like me, you probably like to have a plan, have structure, have all of your ducks in a row and when things go wrong, this can cause you to crumble and become worried and stressed because the plans did not go accordingly. The following verse provides the best instructions for us to use when we are worried or anxious about any given situation.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ.” Philippians 4:6-7

Have you realized how much peace you receive when you give all of your problems to God? When you realize that He has a plan and is in complete control? That is such a huge burden off of us! Worrying, anxiety and stress are a part of our everyday lives, whether it is your job, finances, relationship, kids or school, we all struggle with these things. But let me tell you something. If you are praying about it, I guarantee you that God is working on it. God sees our struggles and knows what we need before we even ask! He is never changing and He is always faithful.

“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deuteronomy 31:8

God is with us every step of the way. He is constantly directing our steps and guiding our paths. “If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.” God does not give us more than we can handle but we have to know that we are stronger when we depend on Him. Matthew 6:27 states, “Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?” And the answer to this question is simply, no one. Not one of us is able to add an hour to our lives because we are not in control of it. So why do we worry? Why do we become so upset over the little things that we can’t control? The most important thing I am learning is to let go and let God. There is no point for us to micromanage our lives, God's plan will always prevail and His timing is perfect.

“Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34