Choose Your Story: Bookworm Pills Part 3

I took the back way home to try and avoid as many people as possible. Even though I hoped I would be okay, this day was always stressful for my family, so I did my best to stay out of the lime light. Going the back way takes a little longer to get home, but it puts my parents at ease and I can't complain about that.

Once I finally get home, I let out a sigh of relief. I am not as worried as my parents, but today is still always a day full of tension. I message my parents to let them know that I made it home safe, so they don't worry. I take my time unwinding and making food before I even think about my pill again. I know I need to take it, but I'm wary of taking this new pill. Every time I switch from a different color I always have some kind of side effect. Part of me wants to wait for my parents to come home, but part of me just wants to do it and get it over with.

After about a half an hour of me going back and forth I finally went up to my room and decided to take my pill. I took a deep breath and swallowed my pill and said Reese's name and the title of the book. I closed my eyes while I did this because I was nervous to see how this would turn out. Even after a few minutes, I opened my eyes and still nothing happened. I guess maybe this pill is one that doesn't work for me. Oh well I guess it is what it is.

My parents were coming home late that night, so I had the house all to myself. I needed some time to just relax and not think about anything. Today had been a whole mix of emotions and so I decided to just make some popcorn, kick my feet up and snuggle down on the couch with the dog. I scrolled through channels and found a spooky movie to watch. I didn't even bother to look at what it was called, it was cheesy and that is all I cared about at this point in the day.

I couldn't tell you how long I sat on the couch watching cheese spooky films, but it was late and my parents still hadn't come home yet. I looked at the time on my phone and it was already 11:30 p.m. I should probably head to bed, but it's not like I have anything to do tomorrow. It was the weekend so no school, work or homework for me. I started to channel surf, when I heard someone say "Wait go back I was really liked that." I slowly turned my head and saw no one there. "Who said that?" "Oh you can't see me. One sec." Just then a boy appeared out of nowhere next to me on the couch and I didn't know whether to scream, run or talk to him. So I did none of those things, I just stared at him. "Hello, I'm Reese! And you are?"

Oh my gosh. It actually worked.