how to live a more positive life

I Refuse To Live My Life Filled With Anger, Frustration, and Resentment

Every single day I am trying my best to become more and more positive and look at what's going well in my life and the direction I'm heading in.

56

Cameron Boyce, a 20-year-old Disney Channel star, passed away on July 6 in his sleep due to a seizure that was caused by an ongoing medical condition. It was completely unexpected and shocked the entire nation.

I totaled my car yesterday. My car is practically destroyed, but no one was hurt. I walked away without a scratch or bruise on my body.

It could have been way, WAY worse.

And yet, I am constantly surrounded by such negative energy. Family. Friends. The general public. People around me are ALWAYS filled with so much anger and so much hatred and blame it on what? Stress? Inconveniences?

I refuse to live like this. We are never promised tomorrow. Like Cameron, life can be stripped away from us at the blink of an eye without any warning whatsoever.

Life is not easy. I've said this many times. We are not placed in this world and given the lives we live to live easily. We are bound to struggle. We are bound to fail. We are bound to get annoyed with one another and even ourselves. But we are NOT meant to hate the lives we live.

Stop living life so negatively.

There's so much in life to be happy about, and despite anything going wrong in your life, there is always an upside to things. It's all about your attitude and perspective that can change your entire emotional mentality.

If you can't seem to stop yourself from being so angry all the time, learn. Learn how to calm yourself down and think rationally. Learn how to take a deep breath and talk yourself through a bad time.

I'm not saying you shouldn't ever get emotional. I'm not saying we should never lash out from time to time or get so stressed out and angry that we begin to cry. That is normal! It is normal to feel shitty sometimes and act out in ways that are not typical of your character.

But, do NOT let those feelings or actions DEFINE who you are. Do not let any of that get the best of you and make up who you are as a person.

Someone could have gotten seriously injured in that accident. Someone important in my life could drop dead one day unexpectedly, and I'd have to live with that forever.

So, I refuse to be angry at the world. Every single day I am trying my best to become more and more positive and look at what's going well in my life and the direction I'm heading in. Not everything is great for me, but things aren't bad either. And I promise they may not be as bad as they seem for you, too.

If you exude energy that brings me down, discourages me, or invalidates me, I promise you I don't need that in my life.

Nobody does.