I Choose Happiness

I Choose Happiness

I've already wasted so many years of my life being unhappy.

16
I Choose Happiness
Hannahfielding

I have gone many years of my life focusing too much on things that were not helping me grow as a person. I suffered for a long time and felt so much hurt for things long after they were gone. I went through many life choices and battles, but I was also at a battle with myself. I struggled to find happiness and I tried to find that happiness in others. While that worked for a while, it always wound up making it worse in the end.

I always struggled with loving myself and who I am and who I was supposed to be. I would get lost in life trying to find out the person I was because I would be too afraid to just be myself. It hurt to feel like you barely knew who you were and to always be searching to find where you are supposed to end up in this world.

Over the past few years, I have worked hard to overcome these personal battles. I have worked hard to use my thoughts to mine and the people around me's benefit. Life is a crazy thing and it's too short to waste so much time being unhappy. Learn to love yourself and surround yourself with people who help you grow. Choose happiness.

Because in all reality, I have spent way too much time in my life already being unhappy. I have come too far to allow myself to settle for things in my life that make me unhappy or feel like I have no room to grow. I can no longer keep people in my life who hold me back from being a better version of myself than I was yesterday. It is a tough thing to do, you know, putting yourself and your happiness first, which sometimes results in others getting hurt, but you need to be able to live your life and be happy with it too. Your life is just as important as the next person's and in the end, you will only have yourself. It took me a long time to learn this, but I'm thankful because now I choose me and I choose happiness.