How to Choose a Quiet Dehumidifier

How to Choose a Quiet Dehumidifier

Moisture is good for the environment, but it will be bad if there is too much moisture at the specific areas. Humid places cause some irritating allergens such as mold and dust mites.

34

The dehumidifiers are ideal machines for all humid areas. Moisture is good for the environment, but it will be bad if there is too much moisture at the specific areas. Humid places cause some irritating allergens such as mold and dust mites. Therefore, owning dehumidifiers is an ideal resolution for all humid areas such as wet basements, swimming pools or bathrooms. Here, we have given you some quick pocket buying tips in order to purchase the best quiet dehumidifiers. To us, the quieter the dehumidifiers are always better. However, do not forget to pay close attention to all characteristics related to the devices before deciding to purchase them.

The Noise Levels

As you know, the comfort of the dehumidifiers depend on their noise levels. That is why paying close attention to the noise levels when choosing these devices is what you must-do if you want to get a quiet dehumidifier for your family. There is no doubt that a quiet dehumidifier will do a better job and create less noise than the loud one so that we will feel good while using it.

In fact, the rating of the noise level between 40 and 50 decibels is considered as the average level for the quiet dehumidifiers. This level is good enough for you to talk over and listen to the other ones who are in a conversation with you. The noise level of the humidifiers which are used at home is similar to the noise level of the refrigerators. And, you definitely can find out couples of bigger devices that create more noise like the air conditioners also.

Besides, a humidistat owns a special function that can monitor the humidity level so that you can set the unit of the dehumidifiers into a specific level. If you are not a shopper, or you can not stand spending much time at a shop to have a careful look to several dehumidifiers there, then you should pick up a device which has continuous drainage in order to give you the best performance.

Performance

It is important to know how much humidity does your house get. The type of dehumidifier that you buy will depend on the level of humidity at specific sites around your house. To us, the dehumidifier with higher dehumidification performance level will be a good choice for your humid and wet house especially when the rainy season comes. For a good reason, this device allows you to remove the moisture from the air and water on the surface quickly. However, the tank capacity of the humidifiers has to be free and the dehumidifiers must be placed in suitable areas. And, do not forget to fill their tanks twice a day for a better working performance.

Capacity

Capacity is another important thing that you need to check carefully before choosing the dehumidifiers. The dehumidifiers are designed with different sizes to remove the moisture and excess water from the air in various areas that need to be dry out.

In fact, the small dehumidifiers can only work smoothly at small spaces. They can not do overwork for a long time because they work so hard, their longevity will be decreased. And, it will not help you much if you get the big dehumidifiers for the small spaces either because it costs you much money for the monthly electricity bill.

To solve this problem, you should measure the capacities in your places for getting the perfect sizes of dehumidifiers. Here, you have got the basic measurements to purchase the dehumidifiers in right sizes.

• 10 to 16 pints = 500 square feet or more
  • 14 to 23 pints = 1500 to 2,000 square feet
  • 18 to 30 pints = 1500 to 2,000 square feet
  • 22 to 37 pints = 2,000 to 2500 square feet
  • 26 to 44 pints = 2500 to 3,000 square feet
  • Over 3,000 square feet up to 70 pints = 3,000 square feet or more

Warranty

Nowadays, all companies focus on the quality of their products and they have a good warranty in every service to please the customers. Putting yourself in customer's shoes, we know that you always pay attention to the quite humidifiers which have a long life guarantee before buying them. However, you have to spend much more money on the products you get so you do not need to spend money on troubles caused by the humidifiers later.

Extra features are need

There is one more feature of the humidifiers that you should consider is auto shut-off function. The auto shut-off function keeps the device out of the overflow and some damages from the water in your house. Moreover, some kinds of indicator show you a signal when the tank is full. Lastly, you should check the remove controls carefully to find out if they are simple and friendly to use. The best dehumidifier must be the one which can be operated in dehumidifying, defrost or drying clothes.

Conclusion

There are several useful methods that you can use to keep your house dry like open the windows to let the wind gets in during a day, heating the room by using thermostats or using the electricity to excess the moisture. But, using the dehumidifiers is supposed as the easiest method for you. It is your turn to pick up the best humidifier to fit your home. And, do not forget to get a quiet one in order to give you more comfort while using it.

Leave us comments to let us know which device you are interested in and share the article with your friends also.