Chin Up, Darling

Chin Up, Darling

Put your worth in the One who loves you more than you know.

60
Chin Up, Darling
Drew Osumi

We live in a world where our worth is questioned. Sure, by outside influences, but more often than not, we question it ourselves. We are our own harshest critics. But a woman who knows her worth is a precious and beautiful thing, and can never be underestimated. You see, when she realizes her precious worth, she can conquer the world. She can move mountains, and only because the One whom she finds her worth in is pushing that mountain right along side her. A woman who knows how precious and adored she is in the eyes of her Father is a force to be reckoned with.

But let's start from the beginning. Where are you finding your worth? Is it in a boy? Is it in school? Your parents? Whatever it is, if it isn’t in the Lord and His love, it’s not where you should be looking. No boy, test grade, or family member will ever show you your true worth like He can. And here’s why: They are flawed. They are flawed, imperfect people, just like you, and they will not and cannot show you how truly precious you are. They may try, but they simply cannot. They will mess up and fall from grace like the rest of us, they will probably hurt you at some point and they cannot be where you are searching for love and light.

When you put an imperfect human onto a pedestal and look to them expecting greatness and grace and perfection, they will undoubtedly fail you. Not because they necessarily want to, but because they are not Christ, and they will never be able to reach this level of perfection.

Your worth is your own. It is yours. And only yours. And each and every day you must make the active decision to place it where you know it will prosper and grow. You must choose to put your love and your faith and your worth in Jesus Christ, knowing full well that this is where it belongs. You are His daughter. You are His princess. You will never find a love like His. And he placed a delicate tiara of grace, and forgiveness, and adoration on your head, as a reminder of his love. So chin up darling, don’t let your tiara slip. Place your worth in the one who made it all, and you will find peace and joy unlike any other, guaranteed.