​To My Childhood Best Friend Thought Of As A Sister, Now That We're Old AF

Growing is a part of life, sometimes it sucks.
266

First of all, I miss you. I'm sure you know. I miss everything.

You know the nights we stayed up late just talking. Those nights where one of us would fall asleep while the other kept on talking. I miss those nights. I miss the conversations we had about life. Conversations about everything we were going through without the judgement. But I don’t know if I’ll ever get those nights back. I don’t know if we’ll have our taco bell dates, loving the same people, and singing loudly to show tunes in the car on our way to god knows where.

This isn’t something that is to pass blame on someone. It’s a part of life. It’s something that I will always cherish even though we both have grown up and moved on. Life happens and I’m not mad about it. I moved away. I got into tough situations that I constantly complained about. You moved on and succeeded far beyond me. None of this I resent.

I just want you to know that our distance has nothing to do with you. I pushed you away. I needed to grow up and for some reason I believed that you deserved better. So I let you get a better best friend. I didn't lose. You didn't lose. You are an amazing friend and everyone needs a freind like you to uplift them and be positive and beautiful.

I have several sisters and I considered you one of them as well. Where you could walk into my house and no one would question it. Whenever I would come home from school and you would come over right away. You were like family and my family loved you. I loved you.

But, again, life happens. We get separated. We change our personality and qualities.

I’m so lucky that I got to spend my last years at home with you. I’m so lucky that I could live that part of my life with you. It gave me confidence to move to college. To get all my frustrations out and be okay. You put up with all my shit and I am forever grateful.

I cannot wait to see your future. I know you have great things in store for you and I cannot wait to find out what they are. I’ll always miss you and those high school days.