Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro

A dance of shadow and light

21
Chiaroscuro
7-themes

It is an uneasy dance

But a lifelong one,

This eternal pas de deux

In which neither leads nor follows.

This is who I am.

I have seen

Fireflies in a summer twilight,

The auroras in a winter midnight,

The stars in a new moon—

Light cannot exist

Without the dark—

The shadow of me,

My partner.

But I hear what people say of her.

I know what they think of darkness—

That this dance ought to be saccharinely happy,

That anything otherwise ought to be

Cleansed,

Purged,

Excised—

NO.

She is a part of me

And we move together,

A spellbinding dance

In which both flourish.

We both take a step,

We both turn—

I in my delicate grace,

She in her raw, unapologetic finesse—

Or is it the other way around?

One never knows,

And likely never will.

This dance with my shadow,

Of darkness and light—

This is who I am.

It does not make me depressed.

It does not make me creepy.

It is my balance,

The moon to my sun...

And when the curtain falls,

We will both bow,

And leave side by side,

Still dancing...

1104917

701109

727616

468786

287499

429474

14 Last Minute Valentine's Day Gifts Your S.O. Will Love

If they love you, they're not going to care if you didn't get them some expensive diamond necklace or Rolex watch; they just want you.

288452

Let me preface this by saying I am not a bad girlfriend.

I am simply a forgetful one.

10 Helpful Tips For College Students Taking Online Courses This Semester

Here are several ways to easily pass an online course.

194055
Photo by Vlada Karpovich on Pexels

With spring semester starting, many college students are looking to take courses for the semester. With the pandemic still ongoing, many students are likely looking for the option to take online courses.

Online courses at one time may have seemed like a last minute option for many students, but with the pandemic, they have become more necessary. Online courses can be very different from taking an on-campus course. You may be wondering what the best way to successfully complete an online course is. So, here are 10 helpful tips for any student who is planning on taking online courses this semester!