Spring Break 2019 Locations That You Can Afford
Travel

20 Spring Break 2019 Locations That College Girls Can Afford ~Without~ Mom And Dad's Bank Account

It's tough being a broke college student and wanting to travel.

4904
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-walking-on-pathway-while-strolling-luggage-1008155/

While we all are yearning to go on a spring break, not everyone has the comfort of financial support from their parents or family. Well, guess what, there are some locations you can go that won't break the bank and that you can afford yourself. Trust me, this is the first time I'll be going on a spring break trip and am paying for it entirely on my own. It's time for you, too, to get your travel on and visit one of these fine places for spring break.

1. Daytona Beach, Florida

upload.wikimedia.org

Now, I'm not necessarily talking Disney World, but there are lots of beaches in Florida such as Daytona beach, and even more hotels. Florida is known to be a spring break destination, not only because of it's amazing March weather, but because of their cheap rates. I'm sure Airbnb prices are even cheaper in the area as well!

2. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

upload.wikimedia.org

Myrtle beach is a popular spring break destination as well for those who live on the east coast. There are some great hotels for those on a budget and renting a house is the perfect price for a group of people that want to go on a spring break vacation together. It's perfect for anyone looking to go on a trip with their sorority sister or fraternity brothers.

3. Atlantic City, New Jersey

upload.wikimedia.org

This is the place to go if your into boardwalks, casinos, and wide open beaches. Although you may want to go south for spring break, this is a great location if you want a place where you can do things other than just sit on the beach each day. It's also great for those who love clubbing at night.

4. Savannah, Georgia

c1.staticflickr.com

This coastal Georgia town is stunning with its intricate architecture, manicured parks, and horse-drawn carriages. You can visit the picturesque historic district with cobble stone streets or parks like Forsyth which are covered in beautiful oak trees. Savannah, Georgia is also only a 30-45 minute drive from Hilton Head, South Carolina. It's a quaint little place with affordable (and stylish) bed and breakfasts to visit as a college student that needs a relaxing spring break trip to a new place.

5. Gatlinburg, Tennessee

c1.staticflickr.com

Nashville is awesome but get in touch with your country roots while seeing some gorgeous mountains. Gatlinburg is another fantastic Tennessee town that is filled with lots to do and is close to some awesome locations along the Smokey Mountains. Get your hiking on and stay in Gatlinburg. I promise you, the view at Clingman's Dome is to DIE for!

6. Chicago, Illinois

c1.staticflickr.com

Chicago is a city filled with lots of skyscrapers, bold architecture, and lots of museums/art. It is even home to famous Bean statue! This is a great location to visit if you are looking for a city adventure instead of your typical spring break beach trip.

7. Las Vegas, Nevada

Las Vegas is not just for getting hitched, but it's super affordable for a spring break trip. With hotel rooms as low as $45 a night you can definitely get away with a cheap trip! (Just don't gamble too much) With lots of casinos, bars, and just neat things to see, Las Vegas is a great getaway! Not to mention you can take a step outside of the strip and see historic sights such as The Hoover Dam and Red Rocks National Park.

8. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

c1.staticflickr.com

If you're from the east coast or further east in PA, it's great to visit the other side of the state! Pittsburgh is a unique place to visit and has tons of history, sites to see, places to eat, and clubs to dance at! This is a great location for college kids as it is affordable and you can even visit a concert at Keybank Pavilion (right outside of the Pittsburgh).

9. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

upload.wikimedia.org

On the other hand, if you are from the western side of PA or in states like Ohio or West Virginia, try visiting Eastern PA and Philadelphia. Philly is known for their cheese steaks, the liberty bell, and Love park. It has plenty of things to do and there is even some great areas to hangout at near Temple, UPenn, or Drexel University.

10. Any State or National Park

upload.wikimedia.org

O.K. this isn't a specific destination, but there are lots of state parks you can visit! You can camp for little to no money at them, enjoy nature, and feel as though you are in another world. There is lots to do such as hiking, biking, swimming, kayaking, rafting, horseback riding, and simply sight (or nature) seeing!

11. South Padre Island, Texas

c1.staticflickr.com

South Padre Island is a great destination trip where you'll experience wide open beaches and clear blue waters. They also have tons of funky hotels and a great nightlife. This island has some great character that college students will love.

12. Waco, Texas

upload.wikimedia.org

If you want to visit Texas but not your typical cities like Austin or San Antonio, visit Waco! This city is filled with lots to do from a visit to the Dr. Pepper Museum to the Cameron Park Zoo to checking out Baylor University, there is something unique for all. Not to mention it is perfect for Fixer Upper fanatics that HAVE to visit Magnolia Farms. Plus you could probably drive around and see some of the house from the show!

13. Bloomington, Minnesota

upload.wikimedia.org

Bloomington, Minnesota is home to The Mall of America. Not only is it known for such an attraction, but there is plenty of other fun things to do in the area. You could visit the Minnesota Zoo, The Museum of Russian Art, and have fun at their entertainment centers in the area. Not to mention you can find some great prices on hotels in the area.

14. Birch Bay, Washington

upload.wikimedia.org

Birch Bay, Washington is a scenic place between Vancouver and Seattle. Although it may be the opposite of your typical warm, tropical spring break destination, this is a great place for those looking to explore new places!

15. New Orleans, Louisiana

upload.wikimedia.org

New Orleans is THE place to visit for college students that love the nightlife. Get ready to enjoy round-the-clock nightlife, vibrant music, beautiful architecture in the french quarters, and spicy cuisine.

16. Cancun, Mexico

c1.staticflickr.com

It is known to be the destination everyone goes to on spring break. You know why? Because it's affordable!! There are lots of all-inclusive packages offered at fantastic prices that it's unbelievable. I've been there myself and it's a wonderful place to relax on the bright blue beaches while swimming at the abundance of pools and swim-up bars.

17. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

c1.staticflickr.com

Just like Cancun, Mexico, this is yet another affordable destination. Puerto Vallarta is much more relaxing and calmer than Cancun. Don't get me wrong, Cancun is a FANTASTIC place to visit as well, but on spring break you can get the party/club vibe more-so in Cancun whereas Puerto Vallarta is more calm and peaceful.

18. San Ignacio, Belize

upload.wikimedia.org

The U.S. dollar double in value in Belize so this is a steal of a trip for college students looking to get out of the country. It's a great place to enjoy some beaches, a new culture, and go on lots of adventures.

19. El Salvador

upload.wikimedia.org

El Salvador is home to 25 volcanoes and 14 lakes, with three distinct regions to explore. It's a great location since they recently switched their currency to the U.S. Dollar and you can get away with $100-$125 per night. Other inexpensive El Salvador tourist activities include hiking the Santa Ana volcano, visiting a coffee plantation, taking an indigo workshop, and surfing along the famous Pacific Coastline.

20. Birmingham, England

c1.staticflickr.com

You can discover Britain's industrial era through the city's architecture, waterways, and museums like the renowned Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery in Birmingham, England. With round trip flights, hotels at only around $100/night, and travel by public train, it's easy to experience a spring break in England without breaking the bank.