Chasing Rabbits

Moment of truth? As millennials we are rabbit chasers with so much at our fingertips sometimes our ambitions can drive us overboard. We’re always pursuing the “better life” –better than what our parents could, better than what our grandparents had (excelling to show our gratitude for their sacrifices), better than our aunts and uncles (for they were never given the same opportunities.) No matter the motivation we’re always racing to beat the odds.

So focused on the end, we often burn ourselves out mid-race… consider the tale of the tortoise and hare? Slow and steady wins the race? Well let’s be realistic here, in our society and with knowledge that we have “slow” is rarely an option. However, steadfastness and patience are attributes worth implementing.

Patience and consistency will provide the type of stamina that will result in longevity. Remember “I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.”- Ecclesiastes 9:11 (NLT).

With your time and chance, do not find yourself in such a rush that you miss fine scenery that surrounds you. Opportunities do not often come around twice, and although the finish line is always the goal in sight keep in mind that the memories you create while journeying will never fade.

So what will it be?

The fast and furious, or the steady and ambitious?

What will you choose, your own path or the quick scheme of overnight success?

How will you choose to live, under the pressure of success or with your own stride, riding your own wave?

Remember the “race isn’t given to the swift nor favor to the learned”, so find your path and stick to it no matter the pace. Keep in sight the beauty that is around you and by doing such accept the grace you need to complete your goals with a strong stride.

The finish line is tangible, trust me it always is.