Charlie Puth's New Album From Best To Worst

But let's be real the whole album is amazing.

152
WikiMedia

Recently, Charlie Puth released his new album, Voicenotes. I have personally listened to this album around 30 times at this point and I am in love with the whole thing. It has been 2 years since Nine Track Mind and I have enjoyed every moment listening to his new music. Of course, like every album, I enjoy some songs more than others. I am going to share which ones I favorite and why.

1. "Slow It Down"

My favorite song on the album is Slow It Down. Puth is talking about how he has an issue because a girl that he is interested in is only 23 (he's 26, which doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but you do you, Charlie).

The song is really upbeat as Puth explains how the girl is keeping him around even as he is trying to leave. It tells how he has serious interest in this girl even though he doesn't think that it would work in the end.

2. "Empty Cups"

A really close second is Empty Cups. Puth sets the song at a party. He and this girl are hanging out enjoying the time when he states "like there's no one at the party" as the night goes on.

This song is really carefree. He doesn't care about the consequences of being with this girl. It is another upbeat song that makes you want to dance.

3. "BOY"

This song talks about how Puth has fallen for a girl who is older than him. He wants to pursue a relationship with her, but because of his age, she doesn't feel the same.

4. "Through It All"

This song is a bit slower pace. Puth talks about how he has struggled throughout his life. He talks about his highs as well though, like feeling love strongly. He talks about how he is very content with life and if his life were to end he'd be okay with it.

5. "Somebody Told Me"

In this song, Puth had already heard of his girlfriend possibly cheating on him. He hadn't believed it, but she started acting strangely. This song is about him confronting her and being upset with himself for not noticing it sooner.

6. "The Way I Am"

The starting of this song 100% reminds me of Smooth Criminal. It is pretty much sharing how Puth doesn't really care what the public thinks of him. He shares how difficult it is to find someone in the public eye with the statement (my favorite one on the album)

"All I wanna do is just hold somebody, but nobody wants to get to know somebody."

7. "How Long"

I really enjoy this song because of how much of a different view is. If you pay attention to the lyrics, you'll notice that Puth was the one caught cheating. It mostly consists of his girlfriend confronting him about it and wanting to know why and for how long it happened.

8. "Patient"

Puth talks about how he has messed up in his relationship, but it wanting to apologize. He asks for patience from his partner and he knows that she deserves better than he is at that moment but he wants to be all that she needs.

9. "Done For Me (ft. Kehlani)"

This song is Puth believing that his girlfriend has been cheating. He states how he's not going to beg for her to stay and that he's done his best. He slowly realizes that he has done more for the relationship than she has.

10. "If You Leave Me Now (ft. Boyz II Men)"

In this song with Boyz II Men, Puth sets up his girlfriend leaving him. He talks about all the bad that will happen if she does leave, asking her to stay.

11. "Change (ft. James Taylor)"

This is a much slower paced song than the majority of the album. Taylor and Puth talk about how the world isn't a caring enough place. It somewhat gives me a "Where is the Love?" vibe.

12. "LA Girls"

In this song, Puth talks about how he dropped his ex-girlfriend when he moved to LA. After lots of dating, he realized that he wanted his ex back. However, she doesn't want him. Throughout the song, he is trying to figure out where he went wrong.

13. "Attention"

I'm sure majority of people have heard my least favorite on this album. I think my main issue with this song was how earlier than the rest of the album it was released.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy this song. It's fun and upbeat.

If you haven't heard it, it's about Puth singing about how his ex is showing up to what seems everywhere and how she is trying to make him jealous. He also shows how he has learned better than to take her back.