No, My Changing Room Isn't An Opportunity For You To Have A Coffee Clutch

"Next time you see a bigger changing room, resist the urge to go in and choose a smaller one."
Mary Rom
Mary Rom
4

I've had a lot of life-experiences that always tested my patience in some sort of way (as everyone does). But there are some situations where I just have to bite my tongue.

Picture this:

You go to the mall, and want to try on some clothes, but for you, there's a whole bunch of other steps before going into the dressing room: Okay, so what's first you ask? Asking a cashier if the accessible changing room is unlocked (why on earth would they lock them? They don't lock the other dressing rooms.) When you get to the changing areas, you discover that yes, the door is locked, and no, no one has a key to the door, and you wait patiently for the cashier to pick the lock with a clothes hanger. Unfortunately her lock picking skills aren't up to par, she apologizes and tells you that you have to go another section of the store because she's sure there's another accessible changing room.

Once you get to the changing room, there's another individual already in there. Similarly to waiting for a bathroom stall, you patiently wait for them to leave the changing room so you can go try on clothes. Instead of seeing someone in a wheelchair, or an individual who has a walker/cane in tow, TWO individuals come out of the changing room. Not one, but TWO. Not only did they not apologize, but they looked as if they didn't do anything wrong.

I have no idea how I was able to bite my tongue in this situation, because all of my instincts were telling me to say something.

Again, I get that it's a lot of room, and an opportunity to bring in more clothes, which means less time leaving the changing area, but have you seen the other changing rooms? I can't even fit my front wheel in them.

Next time you see a bigger changing room, resist the urge to go in and choose a smaller one.