How To Get Everything You Want

How To Get Everything You Want

The answer is everywhere.
71

What is intention?

The dictionary says intention is "determining mentally upon an action or end result." Basically, in my mind, every single thing you do is a result of intention.

What can intention do?

Absolutely everything.

You can intend to eat. Once you have that set intention, you might stand up (because you intended to), walk to the fridge (because you intended to), and put food in your mouth (because you intended to).

Once that food is inside your belly, the intention you have set for that bite of food is out of your brain and you most likely have already moved on to the next matter of importance. But your body, the part that breathes, heals wounds, and digests food (without you even realizing you're doing any of it) only continues to go through these processes because it intends to itself. How? Because every molecule holds intention.

Feeling confused? Read on.

What responds to intention?

Dr. Glen Reid, a cell biologist, conducted an experiment in 2003 on changes in DNA structure and formation caused by heart-focused intention. His study "reflects heart-brain interactions and autonomic nervous system dynamics, which are particularly sensitive to changes in emotional states." Taking a deeper look, though, he found a link between physiological functioning and sustained, heartfelt, positive emotions.

"The electromagnetic field generated by the heart is the most powerful rhythmic electromagnetic field produced by the body... and can be detected by other individuals and can produce physiologically relevant effects in a person five feet away."

If you have ever heard of the "Heart Intelligence Theory" you will know that the DNA molecules in our bodies have an energetic connection produced by the heart that synchronizes every single cell in your body.

This synchronistic connection is commonly referred to as your higher self, your spirit, your subconscious mind, etc.

How can I use intention to my advantage?

First, you have to understand intention. Modern science is coming out more and more often lately to say that intentions actually do lead to manifestations; In other words, what you think becomes what you are. Because thoughts and intentions are an unseen force, it is commonly criticized and labeled as 'pseudo-science,' but you can make it work for you and see real results for yourself.

I am currently reading a book about how to do this, and it explains the process beautifully:

"If you think negatively, destructively, and viciously, these thoughts generate destructive emotions that must be expressed and must find an outlet. These negative emotions frequently express themselves as ulcers, heart trouble, tension, and anxieties. What is your idea or feeling about yourself right now? Every part of your being expresses that idea."

How does every part of your being express that and why? Because you are putting out negative intention, which your body, your heart, your cells, all take as truth - and they act accordingly.

"Your vitality, body, financial condition, friends, and social status represent a perfect reflection of the idea you have of yourself."

So, if you think thoughts like,

"My life sucks,"

"OMG, I'm going to get sick,"

"I have no time for anything,"

your entire being accepts these thoughts as reality. Therefore, you begin to hate your day-to-day schedule, your immune system weakens and causes you to get sick, and you become increasingly stressed and busy.

Even if you jokingly say things like, "I'm broke," it is so important to remember that your body, your soul, your subconscious mind, does not understand sarcasm! Be careful what your feed yourself.

Fortunately, the opposite is also true!

You can state things that are completely false, and your body will believe it. For example, my bank account was running low recently and, despite the clear lack of money, I kept telling myself, "I obtain everything I need and money just comes to me." That same day, I got a free coffee and won a gift card.

These are another two of my favorite examples, and you can try these for yourself, which is why I love them so much.

Have you ever woken up right before your alarm goes off and thought about how crazy it was that that happened? That is not coincidence, it is synchronicity; the work of intention.

Before you go to bed tonight, try laying down, relaxing, closing your eyes, and focusing all your love and intention on waking up at a specific time. Tell your body, "I will wake up at 9:00 a.m." or whatever time you are aiming for.

Another example that works wonders in my life is using intention to get a good parking spot. (Especially at TCU, parking is a nightmare.) On your drive to school or the store, imagine yourself pulling up to an empty space right up front. Imagine the excitement and relief you feel as you see this spot just waiting for you. Make it real in your brain and feel it in your heart, and your whole entire being will react.

Chances are, you will pull into the parking lot and - what do ya know - someone is backing out of a spot, leaving it open just for you. Perfect timing. What a coincidence right?

Nope.

That was all you.

"Am I intending hard enough?"

Many people get stuck on trying to have certain intentions, and intending to have good intentions, as if it is hard work.

An intention is not something you have to develop. Like I said at the very beginning of this article, if you walk out the back door, it is because you had the intention to walk out the back door. Did a thought pop up in your brain and say, "Oh, I am using intention right now," or, "Am I intending to walk to the door hard enough?"

No! You would never stop halfway there and think, "Damn, I don't think my intentions are strong enough or clear enough."

Your body literally breathes, digests, and heals all by itself. The universe knows what your intentions are, and there is no need to force it.

There is no way to 'intending better' or 'intending harder' or 'intending clearer.'

You just do it.

What is my intention here?

I, right now, am intending to help anyone and everyone that happens to come across this article, especially in the wake up the horrific things happening in the world today.

I want you to start thinking more positively, so your body becomes healthier, your relationships stronger, your life more abundant.

I intend to teach others (as well as constantly remind myself) how to create the life they desire using the least amount of effort as possible. I intend to spread a body-engulfing feeling of love and happiness, and of serendipity, and I am sure that many of you will feel it as you read this sentence, because I am filling these words with loving intention.

And I want people to realize that intention is not confined to a certain person, place or thing. You can put your positive intention into words, you can spread it through physical touch, or you can spread it through objects. What I mean by this is, you can literally put an intention of love into a penny, and the next person who picks up that penny, will immediately have that intention flow into them. (Remember how I said molecules hold intention? And every thing is made up of molecules? Yeah, pretty cool.)

Now that you've probably seen the word intention more times than you thought you would today, I hope you go out and practice, as well as go within and practice.

Envision yourself in perfect health, and your cells will react.

Recreate the feeling of joyous friendship, and joyous friendship will come to you.

Whatever it is that you desire, make it happen. It might take time and practice and repetition, but I promise that as long as your intentions are pure and positive, so will be your life.

Now go make magic.