Chase Your Dreams & Change The World

4 Steps On How To Chase Your Dreams And Change The World

This four-step concept is easier than it sounds.

32

I love the fact that we're all unique—we each have our own hopes, fears, dreams, and passions, and yet, we aren't all that different from each other because we're each passionate about something. Our focuses may be different, our paths might not look the same, but we each understand what it means to be fascinated; we all know how to dream.

What if I told you there was a way to follow your dream while bringing people together to make a difference? Here are four steps to help you use your passion to cultivate change:

Identify your passion.

KaboomPics

What is passion? It's quite simple really. You see, your passion is your reason to live. Purpose and passion are very closely intertwined, inseparable even. However, passion should not be confused with purpose. Passion is a seed that, if cared for and nurtured well, will grow into a larger sense of purpose with time and commitment. Once you identify your passion, then and only then can you begin to discover your purpose.

Develop a brand.

So you've found your passion, now it's time to market it to others—it's time to brand your initiative. Your brand distinguishes you from the pack and gives people a reason to see you; it convinces others to invest in your passion. Attractive brands effectively combine clarity and creativity to paint a clear picture of your purpose that both sets you apart and stays true to your focus.

Refine your approach.

It isn't enough to simply be your best. If you want your initiative to grow, you have to be willing to keep improving by consistently re-evaluating and adapting your approach. This constant process of finding what works and what doesn't is essential to the success of your project. Growth is more than just addressing problems as they arise. It's daring to dream and take risks—to be proactive instead of reactive.

Create a community.

Your passion will quickly become a common ground people will join hands over. You will have a unique opportunity to bring people together under the banner of your shared focus; give them a safe place to pursue the common interest; and move forward as a team. As your community continues to grow, so will your influence. Be careful to never lose sight of your goals—never forget why you started.

If you follow these four steps, you will be well on your way to making the impact that only you can and leaving your own special mark on the world.