Celebrities I Want to See Have "Top Ten Rules For Success" Videos

Success is Not Just About Achieving But Doing

80
Huffington Post

On YouTube, entrepreneur and motivational speaker Evan Carmichael has a series called Top Ten Rules for Success which is videos of celebrities ranging from actors, filmmakers, authors, and athletes containing clips of interviews of people explaining how they made it to where they are today. Below is a list of celebrities I would like to see Evan Carmichael make Top Ten Rules for Success Videos of:

Bryan Cranston: Bryan Cranston had to work hard to where he is today. If you read his memoir A Life in Parts, he discusses the challenges he faced with auditioning for movie and television roles. Prior to playing Hal on Malcolm in the Middle and the iconic antihero Walter White on Breaking Bad, he had small roles in several television shows. He also wrote and directed his own film called Last Chance.

Gary Zukav: He is the bestselling author of The Seat of the Soul, Authentic Power, and Spiritual Partnership. The parts I’ve read of The Seat of the Soul are very thought-provoking. He also has some interesting interviews with Oprah.

Elizabeth Strout: Prior to becoming the Pulitzer Prize-winning bestselling author of Olive Kitteridge and My Name is Lucy Barton, Strout had several professions ranging from table-service and law. However, she always had the goal to become a fiction writer. Now look where she is today.

Diana Gabaldon: She is the author of the Outlander series. George R.R. Martin and J.K. Rowling had Top Ten Rules for Success videos, so why not Diana Gabaldon.

Mark Ruffalo: Prior to becoming the well-respected actor he is today, he was rejected multiple times.

Jessica Chastain: Chastain started acting later in her thirties. At this year’s Cannes Film Festival, she said that the 2011 Cannes Film Festival was pretty much where her career began with the films Tree of Life and Take Shelter. That being said, it would be interesting to learn about how her acting career path began (i.e. auditions, favorite filmmakers and actors, etc.).

Dan Millman: He is a former gymnast and author of the inspirational Peaceful Warrior saga. I would like to see a video of him giving both writing and gymnastic tips.

Brian Boitano: With the 2018 Winter Olympics coming up in February, it would be perfect timing for Evan Carmichael to make a video of Brian Boitano’s Top Ten Rules for Success.

Michael Beckwith: He is a New Thought Minister and author of Life Visioning and Spiritual Liberation. He also contributed to Rhonda Byrne’s bestselling guide The Secret.

Kumail Nanjiani: He is a comedian and the star and writer of the hit romantic comedy The Big Sick. He also stars in the hit HBO comedy Silicon Valley. Prior to playing these major these roles, he guest starred on several comedy shows including Michael and Michael Have Issues, Burning Love, and Newsreaders. Additionally, he was an extra in a couple of comedies like The Five Year Engagement and Kings of Summer. He was born in Karachi, Pakistan and then went to Grinnell College in Iowa where he double-majored in Philosophy and Computer Science.

Mahershala Ali: Prior to winning an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Moonlight, Mahershala Ali starred on several TV shows including Treme and House of Cards. His acting debut was on the TV series Crossing Jordan in 2002 when he was 28. In addition, he played the role of Boggs in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts 1 and 2. His next role is going to be in the third season of HBO’s True Detective.

Barry Jenkins: The director of Moonlight would be the perfect choice for a Top Ten Rules for Success video because he is very passionate about film production. Additionally, Moonlight was not an easy film to make. In his Oscar acceptance speech for Best Picture, Barry Jenkins says, “There was a time where I thought this movie was impossible...but to Hell with dreams ‘cause this is true!”

Daniel Day Lewis: He made his acting debut as an extra in John Schlesinger's Sunday Bloody Sunday. After that, he took a break. In 1980, nine years after Sunday Bloody Sunday, Lewis guest-starred on the TV series Shoestring. Lewis’ career rose in the 80’s. He starred in the movies Gandhi, A Room With a View, and My Beautiful Launderette. He ended the decade in the Oscar-winning film My Left Foot. Looking past how many Academy Awards he has won, Daniel Day Lewis is a fantastic actor.

Mo Willems: He is a children’s author known for several books including Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and Knuffle Bunny. Evan Carmichael has not yet made videos featuring children’s book authors. He has made a video of J.K. Rowling. However, he has not made any videos about children’s picture book writers.

Temple Grandin: She is an animal scientist and animal rights activist. She has truly inspired me to look past the label of autism and take pride in my accomplishments. She has made achievements in both animal science and the meat-packing industry. Her books include Thinking in Pictures and Animals in Translation.