Cats Are Great, Even If They Are Not Dogs

Give them a chance.
216

I am a cat person. According to everyone else in this world, that makes me weird and smelly. Most dog people complain that cats are unfriendly, unaffectionate, disloyal, and down right evil, while they will argue that dogs are a man's best friend, loving, exciting, and a sign of a good time.

What most dog people don't realize is that cats are fiercely loyal and incredibly clever and independent creatures.

Their behaviors are dimensional and they are human-like in their choice. If you repeatedly mistreat a dog, it will still be loyal and obedient to you. They are domesticated creatures; it is in their nature to be that way.

I find this trait very harmful and not appealing at all.

Cats, like elephants and many other creatures with long memories, always remember a person by their treatment of them. If you mistreat a cat once, it will never want to be in your presence again. It makes the decision of whether it wants to be near you consciously and with great thought.

Additionally, a cat's idea of affection is very different from that of a dog. Cats will blink at you or rub their bodies against you as a sign of affection. Of course, this behavior seems cold in comparison to dogs and their rambunctious barking and wagging and licking. But that does not take away from the fact that a cat is loving and does showing physical signs of that even if they are much more nuanced than that of a dog.