30 Things Only Cat Lovers Will Understand

Yes, we talk to our cats. And yes, they understand.
286

If you're a true cat lady, you probably know this already, as does everyone around you. But there's nothing wrong with a little reassurance that you're actually a cat whisperer.

1. Your cats are your fur babies.

2. You miss your cats more than your family when you're away from home.

3. In fact, you make your family members put the cat on FaceTime with you.

So you can tell them how much you miss them, and that you'll be home soon.

4. You always say goodbye to your cats when you leave the house.

And tell them that you'll be back soon!

5. When you get home, the first thing you do is announce you're home to your cats.

6. When you get invited to someone's house for the first time, the first thing you ask is whether they have a cat.

7. The first thing you do when you get to that new person's house is look for their cat.

That's why I came over!

8. Every time you hear about new kittens, you want to adopt them all.

And then you get sad when you realize you can't, because you already have too many.

9. Making the bed is always an adventure.

10. As is cleaning the house.

11. You constantly have to refill the cat food bowl because if it's not full, it's basically empty.

12. You frequently find your cat just hanging out in the sink.

13. And other weird places around the house.

14. You're a pro at getting your cat out of situations it got itself into.

This includes getting them out from under the couch, and getting their claws un-stuck from the curtains.

15. You're used to coming home to things broken.

And your cat trying very hard to look extremely innocent.

16. You know the only reason you would buy cat beds or toys is so your cats can play in the boxes they come in.

17. There's no such thing as privacy in your house.

What is it with cats and bathrooms? The world may never know...

18. You actually get into fights with your cats.

19. You own at least one laser pointer.

Endless entertainment.

20. You know the difference between the "right" and "wrong" cat food.

Non-cat owners will never understand.

21. Your cat tends to change up the kind of food it likes.

22. It's impossible to read without being interrupted.

23. Or work on the computer.

Every time.

24. Or do anything really, without being interrupted by your fur babies.

25. That includes sleeping.

26. You don't even try to bring plants or flowers into the house.

The choice is yours.

27. When you finally give into your cat begging, and you give it a piece of your food, it goes untouched.

They only want food that they steal from you!

28. You consider a night hanging out at home with your kitties a night well spent.

29. Even though your home is covered in cat fur.

No matter how frequently you clean it. At this point, it's embedded in your clothes and your furniture. It's fine. We're fine.

30. You own at least five of these.

And you wouldn't have it any other way! You wouldn't give up your kitties for anything.