A Case for a Type One Civilization: Part III

How Would A Type One Civilization Based On Four Interlocked Pillars Of Direct Democracy, Representative Democracy, Meritocracy, and Technocracy Operate And Manifest Itself As A Physical System.
31

In part one we outlined how the mechanisms of our monetary-market System is fundamentally obsolete, inefficient, and missed managed; and is largely responsible for the failures of our civilization and the destruction of our the planet's biosphere. https://www.theodysseyonline.com/case-for-type-1-civilization

In part two we outlined that new mechanisms of a Type One civilization model would include structures of Direct Democracy, Representative Democracy, Meritocracy, and Technocracy. Forming a civilization that would actively restore the biosphere, form all of human civilization into self-sufficient and self sustainable communities, and organized and preserve the knowledge of human history to prevent mentalities of closed societies, the possibility of civilization collapse, and the unacceptability of a new dark age. https://www.theodysseyonline.com/case-for-type-one-civilization-part-ii

Part three we will examine how that four pillared Type One model would operate as a physical system.

In this work dealing with a proposed Type One civilization, we must first understand that this model is based off of a perspective of human history as a whole. We have evidence of human civilization existing prior to 13,000 years ago during the Late Inter-glacial Maximum; right before the Younger Dryas mass extinction. It is entirely plausible that civilization had to reboot following this cataclysmic period that caused the mass extinction; later resulting in the introduction of agriculture over the next thousand years, and human civilization as we popularly know it developed roughly 8000 years ago. It is therefore this point from which we must perceive from in order to correct the mistakes and errors made in this post mass extinction embodiment of human organized life. The monetary-market system is the resulting product of these errors and mistakes made in our embodiment of civilization over the last 12,000-10,000 years.

Second, we must realize that we have the ability to rapidly transform into a new model of civilization. As the shift from domestic production to war production during the world wars demonstrated, rapid mobilization of resources towards economic transformation is capable of being achieved within months; and the results of such transformation can be seen on mass industrial scales.

Now that we have our scale of perception outlined, we must examine the four components (or pillars as they're referred to) of the Type One civilization being presented: Direct Democracy, Representative Democracy, Meritocracy, and Technocracy. These four pillars have existed in the past as mere ideologies with multiple expressions and embodiments. As mentioned in Part II, these four systems interlock into the model of civilization as a checks and balances system. If we extrapolate how these pillars will become actualized, we can create a perspective of the Type One civilization.

First comes Direct Democracy, a horizontal power distribution that ensures every individual has the means and ability to participate within the civilization. It also provides what is called a Second Bill of Rights consisting of food, water, energy, infrastructure, knowledge, and productive abilities; everything needed for self sufficiency and sustainability. These two aspects of Direct Democracy are solidified in the founding document of the Type One civilization, the Declaration of Guardianship. This declaration legitimizes the direct democratic power distribution, the Second Bill of Rights, and the representation of the Biosphere as a whole and all living creatures as inherently protected under the Type One system; and that the human species affirms its guardianship of life. This is in an effort to reverse and rejuvenate the biosphere having been decimated in the 6th Great Mass extinction by the human species in the anthropocene era.

Next is the Representative Democracy, designed to ensure every community has representation on the world stage. This mechanism is facilitated through what is called the Congress of Cities. The Congress of Cities is a federalized structure that unifies representatives from every city, town, and settlement in a global congress that can discuss and cooperate on local concerns and global problems. The representative of each community is elected through the local community via the direct democratic system. The responsibilities of the Congress of Cities would be to organize and coordinate the Meritocratic and Technocratic systems.

The Meritocratic pillar of the Type One civilization is designed to maximize competent and effective leadership within all systems of the new civilization. It is an organized system designed to expand leaders into what the Ancient Greek Philosopher Plato called Philosopher Kings/Queens; leaders of such caliber that they put objective responsibility and accountability above subjective desires. This is manifested in all areas of the Type One civilization but particularly within the representative positions in the Congress of Cities and appointed positions within other areas of the civilization that requires merited skills.

The need for merited skills expands into the final pillar of the Type One model, Technocracy, via a Department system designed for uniting the professionals of the world. The technocratic connection of all the professional careers and skilled labors would become coordinated within their compartmentalized departments to maximize collective cooperation and the efficiency of autonomous means to produce work. Departments of infrastructure, for example, will focus on the massive projects of creating new advanced infrastructures like communication and transportation systems to connect all communities. Other departments will focus on the rest of the Second Bill of Rights such as Department of Food, Energy, Knowledge, etc. Departments dealing with other professional arenas will be things such as Department of Music, Culinary, the Arts, etc; which will provide the resources and spaces for these areas to allow the means and access for people to maximize their personal skills and abilities within the departments in efforts of personal growth/hobby. As well as the overall human collective through contributing to culture and society with one's work; all of which is persevered within the Department of Knowledge and its Repository of Human knowledge designed for the Right of Knowledge. Lastly, department systems will be the leading mechanisms for environmental rejuvenation such as the Department of Land Ecology, Water Ecology, etc.

The Department system also functions as a check to all other pillars by providing the objective scientific unbiased decision making responsible for organized complex human society. This is largely manifested in what is called a Resource Based Economy. The Resource Based Economy functions as a scientific system that uses our collective technical knowledge to phase out human labor, automate the economy, and usher in a technological era of resource abundance. It declares that all resources are common heritage to all peoples, thus returning ontological feedback into the direct democratic pillar and the Declaration of Guardianship that initially founded the Type One civilization model.

These four pillars, if systematically placed together, has the potential to form a Type One civilization. The mechanisms of this civilization has the possibility to found a system that can reconfigure human organized society within a decade's time. With the problems of past civilizations solved, the mistake that is the 6th Great Mass Extinction halted and reversed, and the self sufficiency and sustainability of every community; the human species will be ready to establish suborbital infrastructure and depart for the celestial bodies of this solar system and beyond.

A Type One civilization is not a Utopia. Problems will be faced on this level of complexity just as past jumps in complexity forged new challenges for the human species. But as in the past, humanity will face these challenges too; and will continue to evolve and transcend.