7 Reasons To Be Excited That Canvas Is Coming To MSU

Who ever liked Blackboard anyway?

256

This semester, one of my classes is in the pilot program for Canvas. I have honestly enjoyed this class so much thus far, not only because the professor is great, and the material is interesting, but also because we are using Canvas. Take a look at what you have to look forward to when using Canvas in January of 2019!

Canvas App

Okay, I know lots of learning platforms have apps, but honestly, this one is so easy to navigate. With numerous features, it is hard to be confused when using this learning platform.

Dashboard

On the app, there is a dashboard that shows all of the courses you are enrolled in for easy access to any class. (Hints: you can customize the color for each of your courses, and you can choose to see your overall grade for that class in the top right corner.

To-Do List

THIS! Canvas automatically creates a To-Do list for you on a daily basis. All assignments for all courses are listed and Canvas checks them off for you once you have completed them.

Inbox

Canvas has its own messaging system. This emailing system is so clear to use. You can message your professor, or the whole class. You can also choose certain members of the class, or just one person. All of this is done online through Canvas, and you don't have to look up each person's email. (This is an easy way to start a GroupMe for any class, by sending out a link to join to the entire class!)

Grades

On Blackboard, it is so hard to figure out what you made on your last test. The grade tab is hidden for most classes, and all of your course's grades come up at once. With Canvas, you literally just click on the grades tab that is on the dashboard and only the grades for that course appear.

Modules

Professors can use the modules tab to organize class material better. A module can be created for each chapter, and all notes and PowerPoints relating to that chapter are placed into that module. This makes studying for tests so much easier by simply clicking on which module you want to use.

Assignments

Any assignment, whether it is a quiz, discussion, or homework, can be done so easily. Anything can be done on a smartphone through the app, making it easy for you to complete assignments whenever you can and wherever you are. No more carrying your computer around to complete that assignment before midnight; just pull out your phone!

I just have one question for Mississippi State. Why didn't you make this change sooner?!?