You Can't Be Racist and Call Yourself a Good Christian, The Bible Says So

You Can't Be Racist And Call Yourself a Christian, The Bible Says So...4 Times In Fact

The Bible fights against racism and hatred, and Christians are expected to do the same.

283
https://unsplash.com/photos/amKN951Axzg

You go to church every Sunday, but you don't like the person sitting next to you. You don't know them; you just know they're different. They don't look the same as you, and it's making you uncomfortable. Deep in your heart you know this is wrong, but you still justify your actions and live out your days avoiding, or even targeting, certain people. That's not how good Christians live, and below is four examples of proof.

1. Mark 12:31

Mark 12:31 states, "The second is this; 'Love your neighbor as yourself' There is no commandment greater than these." The Bible says that the second most important commandment is to love everyone. Loving everyone is held so highly with God that He puts the command second to loving the Lord. This verse is not conditional and it is clear how important it is to love everyone. Not every sin is weighed the same, and having racist or prejudice thoughts results in a life of sin.

2. Romans 2:11

Romans 2:11 says, "For God does not show favoritism." God doesn't lift up anyone higher than another, and neither should Christians. Racism and prejudices hold one kind of person above others, but the Bible makes it clear that everyone is seen as equal, even in the eyes of God, so they are equals on Earth.

3. 1 John 2:11

Hate blinds people from the light of God and steers them away from the their faith. 1 John 2:11 says, "But anyone who hates a brother or sister is in the darkness and walks around in darkness. They do not know where they are going, because the darkness has blinded them." Most the time, people with a prejudice see themselves as being in the right and justify their beliefs but the Bible explains that hateful people don't understand what they're doing.

4. 1 Samuel 16:7

Physical appearances don't mean anything in the eyes of God, and He says that we should all act the same way. "But the LORD said to Samuel, 'Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.' " Judging the appearance of people goes directly against what God says.

Christianity is a religion of love and acceptance, not hatred and judgment. Racism goes against everything the Bible stands for and preaches.