Cannabis Seeds- Is It a Cancer Treatment Alternative to Chemotherapy?

Alternative to Chemotherapy

1311

According to some recent studies, it has been proven that cannabis seeds are effective in cancer treatment along with chemotherapy. The seeds grow into healing cannabis plants so the flowers of this plant can improve the lives of people fighting with cancer treatments such as radiations and chemotherapy.

It is considered that the regular use of these seeds with the initial dose of chemotherapy considerably improves the overall results against the cancer cells.

Cannabis-Based Cancer Treatment:

Researchers have concluded that combining the use of these seeds with ongoing chemotherapy gives better results as compared to chemotherapy alone. In this way, the side effects of chemotherapy can be decreased. These seeds help people fighting with cancer in the following ways:

1. Increase In Appetite:

The process of chemotherapy is very difficult and painful. The patient will notice a decrease in appetite and nausea as well. With the help of these seeds, patients can feel better as it stimulates appetite. So, they can maintain a healthy lifestyle.

1. Ease In Pain:

Cancer patients often go through severe inflammation which is the main reason for causing pain. It causes pressure on internal organs or nerve injury. The pain is so severe that pain killers also do not work. In this case, cannabis seeds are helpful for pain relief.

1. Nausea:

During the chemotherapy process, patients also experience vomiting and nausea. This condition can be reduced by taking these seeds as they have anti-nausea properties. But you must consult your doctor before taking as they also have some side effects.

Cannabis Seeds for Cancer Cure:

Scientists are constantly researching the benefits of these seeds. They are finding out the potentials for curing cancer. Some studies have shown the power of these seeds to kill cancer cells and shrink tumors. According to a 2015 study, the two components present in these seeds that are Tetrahydrocannabinol( THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD) can weaken the intensity of cancer cells. Another study reveals that it helps to stop the spread of cancer cells.

Moreover, along with the numerous benefits, some types of cannabis also affect the immune system thus causing tumors to grow unchecked. It is necessary to do more research to find out the therapeutic effects of Cannabis for cancer treatment.

Side Effects of Cannabis:

Every drug has its side effects along with various advantages. On one hand, these seeds are beneficial for cancer treatment but on the other hand, they also have some side effects.

Patients taking cannabis regularly can experience insomnia once they stopped taking it. This drug receptors in the brain act differently as compared to the other drugs receptors. This drug can affect many organs in the body and not only the brain.

People can experience some mild side effects too which are:

• Fatigue
  • Diarrhea
  • Changes in appetite
  • Changes in weight

Therefore, it is necessary to consult your doctor before taking any type of cannabis.

Conclusion:

Though cannabis seeds seem to have many benefits for cancer treatment no study concludes that it can be used as an alternative cancer treatment. Cannabis can be used to relieve the symptoms caused by chemotherapy and radiation. People must always consult their doctor before including any compound during their cancer treatment.