NFL Eagles: Defending the title will be a challenge

Next Super Bowl is getting closer

32

Magical LII Super Bowl is well behind Philadelphia Eagles and now is the time to think about back-to-back. Eagles franchise and people of Philadelphia waited for 57 years to win their first championship and hopes can't be higher as the next LIII Super Bowl is getting closer. Everybody in the team is amazed by their success and they're not hiding it. Rodney McLeod said that he's happy everybody is coming after them. He added that their win "forces everyone to elevate their game and we've got the men to do it. That's the type of guys we have on this team. I'm glad to be in this seat. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

The whole team is aware that becoming the first NFC team that went back-to-back in 25 years will be hard since everybody will try to hunt them down. This fact doesn't bother Eagles too much since they're using the preseason to prepare for numerous challenges that are in front of them. Brandon Graham is convinced that everybody is gunning for them, but he's sure they'll have a lot of trouble taking the title from Philly. He pointed out that Eagles won't take anybody lightly, even if the opposing team is not at their best. This mindset will hopefully help the Eagles to get over every obstacle on the way to the top. They will be everybody's Super Bowl this year and very difficult challenges are in front of them.

Nick Foles said that "It doesn't happen often where a team can go back to back and repeat and that's a challenge in itself." He also reminds fans that last year's success won't help the team to win future games and possibly the championship. That's the thing they've been preaching in hope to create a motivation for the next game and forgetting the last one.

All this motivation and positive thoughts won't be enough if the team is not really believing in success, and first proofs of their dedication will be visible in September once the meaningful football begins. Real fans who are not in a position to be at the stadium, will be able to support their favorite team by watching the Eagles game online. Either way, fandom will be able to see how serious Eagles are when it comes to winning a consecutive championship title.

It is very important that the team stays resistant to negative critique and learn from their mistakes. A lot of people is talking about Super Bowl hangover and that Eagles can fall victim to it. There's no place for fear if your goal is becoming a legend. Guys at Eagles are well aware of that and they'll do everything they know to make people of Philadelphia proud and happy once again.

There were eight teams that repeated in the Super Bowl, and it looks like Philadelphia Eagles are ready to get on the list and ensure a place in history with legendary teams such as Patriots, Broncos, Cowboys, 49ers, Steelers (twice), Dolphins and 66-67 Packers.

Image attribution: Kevin Burkett through CC BY-SA 4.0