5 Camping Tips I Count On To Make Them Easy And Fun

5 Camping Tips I Count On To Make Them My Go-To For Fun And Easy Outdoor Weekend Getaways

Simple tricks that will make the most out of your camping experiences.

21

Camping trips are taken with your loved ones to experience a few relaxing days and nights surrounded by nature. There's hiking, sight-seeing, swimming, late nights by the campfire, it sounds like a perfect weekend…all until you're in the middle of the woods with only a tent, a few chairs, and two flashlights.

Don't make the mistake of believing the easy-going perception of camping, because once you spend a night camping with an insufficient amount of supplies, then you aren't going to have such an easy time.

I have taken many camping trips in my lifetime, and through these trips, I have experimented with lots of trial-and-error methods of having a comfortable and useful campsite.

I have since learned what makes a campsite as such, so here are some of my tips to maximize your next camping trip:

1. Get a canopy…

Let's face it, you plan a camping trip with your friends to immerse yourself in as much nature as possible, but in the end, you and your friends wind up spending most of the time at the campsite.

That's why you need a canopy.

It gets too hot to sit inside the tent during the day, and you want something to provide shade from the sun and cover from the rain.

A canopy acts as a perfect common space for camping trips with friends by placing the tents around it. I have many-a-stories from late nights under the canopy.

2. …and related accessories.

Since a canopy will serve as a common space for you and your campmates, you might as well make it fun, comfortable, and useful. The most important thing to have under your canopy is sitting space, so adding or two that fits the space not only adds sitting space but also adds some decoration to the site.

You're going to want lots of lighting in and around your canopy, so make sure to hang lights in all four corners, and hanging colorful string lights will add more lighting, color, and fun!

Hanging up tapestries with zip-ties or clips to your canopy is also a great way to decorate your campsite and also provide more shade.

3. Mark your site.

Make your site visible to yourself and others with signs, objects, and lights. You will want things that you can point out and remember easily in the dark, so make it fun and unique!

Name your camp and put a sign with the name outside of your site, and use objects that have meaning to your camp and its name.

The lights will help you access the campsite in the dark, and the sign and objects will make you laugh every time you see them!

Marking your campsite is also extremely helpful in cases of urgency and emergency, as it is easier for yourself and others to locate the site.

4. Bring your kitchen on-the-go.

There is no need to buy an expensive cooler or electric grill to go camping, and no, you won't be starving or malnourished without these things. There are plenty of foods that don't require to be stored in a cooler, and with a simple and cheap propane burner, your cooking options are almost endless.

Depending on how long your trip is, the easiest way to pack your kitchen on the go is by using a storage box or two and of course, a fold-up table.

While camping, keep the storage boxes under the table, so everything for the kitchen is in one place.

Don't forget to bring a container with a spigot to wash dishes and hands!

5. If you really want to maximize your comfort…

There's nothing wrong with leaving the comfort of your home to spend a night or two in the great outdoors doing exactly what you're doing right now: sitting around with your friends.

If you have an inkling that this is what most of your camping trip will entail, then I would highly suggest going above in beyond in the comfort and fun factor of your campsite.

Decorate it with sitting blankets, rugs, and tapestries; place colorful lights around to create a party ambiance; go as far as to purchasing and bringing an inflatable couch, or even just an air mattress will do.

Making memories is the key takeaway of camping trips, so make those memories in style and comfort.