10 Relationship Tips From Miley Cyrus On 'Call Her Daddy'

10 Relationship Tips Miley Cyrus Dropped On 'Call Her Daddy' That We Can't Stop Thinking About

She came in like a wrecking ball with the truth.

243449

When I say we can't stop thinking about the relationship advice Miley Cyrus dropped on "Call Her Daddy" today, I mean it literally.

Her truth bombs hit me (and most who listened) like a wrecking ball and coupled with the release of her new song "Midnight Sky," we're going to need some time to process the greatness. In case you haven't listened yet (what are you waiting for?), here are 10 relationship tips Miley shared that we should all live by for the rest of time.

1. Find someone who gives as much as (if not more than) they take from you

"Someone has to bring more to the table than their plate, they can't just be 'fill me up' all the f*cking time."

2. Find someone who can carry themselves, not who needs to be carried

"Someone has to bring something that is elevating your life." (Not drag you down).

3. Focus on the logic post-breakup instead of getting lost in the emotion

"Try to not get lost in the emotion... Focus on the logic. Make a list of what you were gaining and what you were losing, what they were contributing to your life and what they were subtracting, and to value each of these things by one through 10 and then you add them all up. If the person was adding more to your life, then you know what is expected from your next relationship and what they were subtracting you know you will not accept ever again."

4. Set yourself up for success so you don't end up disappointed

"As someone that's living a sober lifestyle, don't go to the club looking for your next partner. Put yourself in places where you'll be successful so you don't get stuck on 'I'm just always wasting my time with all these people.' You can really control the kind of people who are going to flow in and out of your life. You can create a filtration system. So I have filtered my life of what I will accept and what I will not."

5. Surround yourself with people you admire (in all parts of life)

"Look at the people that matter the most to you. My mom matters the most to me of anyone, so I write down her qualities of what I love about her and I try to find people like that because one day I may not have my mom on this earth and I want to have people that keep her spirit alive through them. And I do think that there's little sparks of we're all kind of one and we've all just divided into our own little sources of energy and our own little souls, but we're all kind of one in a way, I think. So I think that I can find little pieces of her in other people."

6. Learn to love your body first

"Become friends with yourself, dig yourself. If you're starting to feel bad about your vagina, just Google dicks and you'll start feeling OK."

7. Check your cholesterol because it may be affecting your sex drive

"When you have low cholesterol it affects your sex drive. When I'm working, I don't eat as regularly, then my cholesterol gets low. Your cholesterol controls all the hormones in your body, so when you get low blood sugar, low cholesterol, not eating snacks and things like that, by the end of the night, if I'm hungry, I'm definitely not horny. You've got to check your cholesterol... It creates all your hormones and it will change your life."

8. Stop trying to force a relationship to work

"I've been in love with I would say one person who is a girl that I still think about and dream about all the time. But you just know that something just doesn't fit and that's something I learned a lot about in therapy too, you just can't try to fit this f*cking square into a circle. Because you start driving yourself to a place where... trying to make something that is physically impossible work will drive you insane."

9. "If you're not happy, get the f*ck out."

Period.

10. "If you want something done right, you do it your f*cking self."

That's it. That's the tip.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.