Why C25K really works

I Tried #C25K And It Really Works

Running made easy for real beginners!

30
I Tried #C25K And It Really Works

I remember gym class in school when we had running races, or suicides and sprints. I was petrified and I couldn't run then and honestly can barely run now. I primarily blamed asthma growing up from second hand smoke and later, being a smoker myself I wasn't helping my case.

Growing up I never felt a real big desire or need to run so it was never something I worked on or gave much effort. I have gone from being an incredibly lazy teenager to an over weight young adult who is just now learning how to maintain a healthy life style.

With this new attitude I have challenged myself to participate in a mud run and also my very first 5K. That was my motivation to start the program Couch to 5K. Which takes people like me, who have never been able run to being capable of completing a 5K race.

This eight week program focusing on interval training that slowly builds your endurance. It is set up to run every other day. The first week you start with a minute running and a minute walking, back and forth for about 20 minutes. In addition, each day has a 5 minute walk to warm up and cool down.

For someone just beginning, it was nice to get out of the house, enjoy the nice spring weather. Plus a minute at a time was something I could do. Whenever I wanted to stop I could convince myself to keep going because I knew I would get a break soon in just a few more seconds.

I highly recommend getting a good stretch in before and after, this will help your muscles build! Lung pain and leg pain will most likely occur if you are like me. But once you can manage your breathing and find a pace that works for you, you'll get stronger.

I am only now starting week 8 of my training but I am looking forward to completing the course and being able to finish my first 5k and mud run this summer! I know this program will definitely not let me down!