But First, Eat Your Peas

But First, Eat Your Peas

How to incorporate writing into your busy life.

5 Reasons Book Ginny Is Better Than Movie Ginny

The movies just didn't do our red-headed heroine justice.

"Harry Potter" has been a staple of modern literature since publishing began in the 90's, and the movies are some of the best film adaptations out there. While the movies get a lot right, they also missed the mark on quite a bit, too. One of the most disappointing differences between the books and movies is the erasure of Ginny Weasley. Here are five reasons Ginny was way cooler in the books.

1. She's actually relevant to the plot.

Yeah, she's in the movies, but her significance is debatable. She gets rescued in "Chamber of Secrets" but outside of that, she doesn't do much. In the books, she's always trying to keep up with Harry and her older brother, Ron, and is a powerful addition to the team.

2. She's got spunk.

Movie Ginny is exceptionally lacking in personality. She has some good lines but they don't really compare to her jokes in the books, where's she's always talking back to Ron, Fred, and George, and she's not afraid to speak her mind.

3. She makes Harry happier than he's ever been.

There's no arguing: Harry's life kinda sucks, but the time he's with Ginny in "Half-Blood Prince" is so happy and we just don't see that as much in the movies.

4. She's got great lines.

In the movie, Ginny stays pretty quiet, but in the books, her words have a more meaningful effect and pack a powerful punch.

5. She's a GREAT witch.

We get glimpses of her awesome power in the movie, but from her powerful Reductor Curse to her perfectly-executed Bat-Bogey Hex, Ginny is pretty kick-ass.

Yeah, Movie Ginny is great and Bonnie Wright's portrayal is perfect, but so much of her character that we love in the book goes unseen in the movies.