Building Romance into a New Relationships

Create the Perfect Romantic Room to Energise a New Relationship

26

Spending a romantic night with a new love doesn't only have to take place in a restaurant with dim lighting, at the beach under the stars, or at an expensive bed and breakfast.

It is possible to create a romantic space in your home or apartment with minimal effort by following some of the suggestions below. Avoid the drab and dreary turn that so many new relationships take by creating and sustaining the romance in your life.

Scented Candles

Adding candles to any room serves two purposes. They create a sensual, subtle, and relaxing atmosphere that will turn any room into a cosy and romantic space.

You don't have to go to a restaurant that charges a lot of money where they dim the lights and use candles to create the same atmosphere you can create in your own home.

There is also a power associated with scents that makes using a fragrant diffuser a good, low maintenance option for creating a romantic ambience. Using scented candles engages more of your senses and helps create the amorous mood you are seeking. Certain scents like jasmine, lavender, sandalwood, and vanilla are said to work as aphrodisiacs.

Set the Mood with Music

Music elicits emotional responses. A song about heartbreak can cause those who have recently had their hearts broken to cry. However, If you are trying to create a romantic mood, you should stay away from these kinds of songs.

Soothing, beautiful, and relaxing music is the right kind of music and can help set the mood for romance. Try love songs or soft country music as it will add to the romantic atmosphere of your room.

Decorate with Flowers

Flowers are by nature romantic. Examples are receiving roses on Valentine's day, tables and rooms are adorned with flowers at most weddings, and floral arrangements are often given to loved ones.

Not only do they add beauty and colour, but they are also similar to scented candles in that they use more of your senses including your sense of smell. They smell pretty.

Get Rid of Clutter

Let's say you have taken care of all the above suggestions. You even have your wine glasses filled and are ready to sit down on the couch and watch a romantic movie.

How quickly do you think the mood would be broken if you have to push aside papers, jackets, remotes, and other stuff you have in that room? Don't take that chance. Clean up the room before you start your evening.

Clutter in a room can make you feel overwhelmed and anxious and will interfere with getting into a romantic mood.

Replace the piles of junk and stuff in your room with a clean, neat, and refreshing space where you can relax and get cosy with the one you want to spend quality time.

Use Your Fireplace

If it is cold outside and you have a fireplace, use it. The light and warmth from a fire is cosy and can be very romantic.

Snuggling in front of a fire with a glass of wine and soft music playing in the background will add to the romantic mood you seek.

Get Rid of Distractions

The number one most distracting item these days is your cell phone. Turn it off! Nothing can ruin a romantic evening more than the sound of an incoming text. If you have children, make sure they are in bed and asleep.

Remove anything in the room reserved for romance that reminds you of work. Do you really want to be thinking about work when you are trying to get close to someone?

Your romantic room should also not have piles of dirty or clean laundry to remind you that you either have to clean your clothes or fold them and put them away.

Change the Layout

For a more permanent solution and one that will keep a room in your home ready for romance, try rearranging the furniture and changing the layout.

There is something about changing the way a room in your home looks that can give you a whole new perspective. It can add a little excitement to the boredom of routine.

Before you start moving heavy furniture around, draw out a few different layout options and see what it looks like on paper first. Don't forget to measure before moving. It will save you a lot of time and sweat equity.

Your newly-decorated room will have a completely different look and feel. It might even seem as though you are away at a romantic destination rather than still in your home.

Without much effort, you can make a room in your home or apartment conducive to having a romantic evening with someone special in your life.