To My Best Buddy In The Whole Wide World

AKA: The strongest man I know.

59
Laura Brusati

Dear Dad,

One of my fondest memories from my childhood is when I used to play steamroller with you and the boys and how much fun we had playing a simple game of “jump over Dad without being smashed”. I often wish I could go back to those times when all I had to worry about was what game we were playing next. But at the same time, I am so grateful for the person you have molded me into.

I am so incredibly lucky I have a father like you to teach me things. You have taught me more than you know. You have taught me things through your everyday actions. You have taught me how to take responsibility, you have taught me how to be a leader, you have taught me how to not give up, and most importantly you have taught me how to love.

You have shown me what a real man does for his family and the woman he loves. The way you treat Mom every day is absolutely amazing. You always comment on how beautiful she is and you always talk about how amazing she is as a person and how much everyone should be like her. It is truly beautiful to see such a loving relationship that is had God at the center of it and that is what I want for my future. You have shown me by the way you treat Mom what real love should look like. I couldn’t be more grateful for that and that’s why I know not to settle for less than what I deserve and every girl needs that in her life.

Dad, you are so incredibly amazing. I know you don’t think you are anything special, but I am a lot like you. And I’m proud of that. You are so incredibly special to so many people. You would do anything for anybody (especially me). You built me a treehouse, you supported me through all my different hobbies, you have kept me strong in my faith, you coached my soccer team, you pushed me to get through the back brace years, you became a vegetarian for me for about 4 years while I had the brace on to show me that you wanted to take on a challenge with me, you listen to me try to tell a story that should really only take five minutes but slowly turns into an hour…oops, and most importantly, you are always looking out for me.

I love you so much Dad and I hope other people out there have dads like you, however, no one compares when it comes to you. You are truly the strongest man I know. I could not have been blessed with a better man to show me what love and hard work looks like. I hope that when I am a parent I can be as good as you and Mom are as parents. So here’s to my best buddy in the whole wide world/the strongest man/a man of faith/chief/Dad, thank you for everything.

Love your best buddy in the whole wide world/your favorite daughter/your favorite child/Laura