Overseas traveling

The 5 Places I Want to Visit Overseas

"Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world." - Gustave Flaubert

42
https://unsplash.com/photos/m65iSOQ3G-k
Unsplash

One of the activities I love is traveling. A new city means a new adventure and one day I hope to explore the whole world but these are the top five on my bucket list.

1. Australia.

At the top of my list, Australia. My birthplace and the country I want to return to the most since I only stayed for about a year and don't remember any of it. I want to go back to explore where my parents lived while also adventuring on my own.

From exploring the Outback to scuba diving at the Great Barrier Reef to experiencing the Sydney Harbour, Australia has many wonders. National parks such as Uluru, Whitsunday, and Christmas Island have stunning sights just waiting to be seen and beautiful animals can be found at Kangaroo Island and Penguin Island, among other places. There's even a place called Wycliffe Well which is the UFO capital of Australia.

2. Paris.

Although Paris is the setting of Taken, it's also one of the most romantic places in the world with one of the most iconic landmarks! 7 million people visit the Eiffel Tower every year and I'd love to be one of them. Of course, I wouldn't want to miss the light show either.

Sacré-Cœur, the Arc de Triomphe, and Notre Dame are just a few of the structures to visit in Paris. Jardin des Tuileries presents a beautiful garden with a huge Ferris wheel while Jardin du Luxembourg offers sights of floating boats and pretty flowers. Although the love locks have been removed from Pont des Arts bridge, they can still be found at different locations.

3. Finland.

Instead of going to Alaska or Canada to see the Northern Lights, why not travel to Finland? Hotel Kakslauttanen provides a special and unique experience for those looking to see the Northern Lights. Instead of taking a tour, this hotel offers igloos to those venturing to see this wonder. Ice-swimming and walking a frozen lake are two more fun activities to do in the cold. I might even see reindeer in the wild.

4. South Africa.

Who wouldn't want to explore the safari and see wildlife in its natural habitat rather than a zoo? Elephants, lions, zebras, and more, free to do as they please. The Victorian Falls and the Drakensberg Amphitheatre are two hikes worth taking when you reach the top. Good exercise and breathtaking views. For even more excitement and thrills, the Bloukrans Bridge (the highest bridge in the world) offers bungee jumping. A great adventure for adrenaline junkies like me.

5. Peru.

A place to explore the ruins of ancient civilizations and venture through parts of the Amazon. The Salkantay Trek and the Inca Trail both lead to Machu Picchu and take four or five days to finish, the difference being in the popularity, cost and challenging factor. Rainbow Mountain is another beautiful hike that only takes about a day. The Sacred Valley offers ATV tours, river rafting and a chance to stay at the Skylodge Adventure Suite with rooms that are transparent capsules hanging off the side of the mountain.