Bromance Goals: Looking Back On Obama And Biden's Friendship

"Joe, no."
8

Earlier this week, President Obama surprised Vice President Joe Biden with Medal of Freedom; the highest civilian honor in the country. The award, whose previous recipients include former President Ronald Reagan and Pope John Paul II, was granted to Biden for his hard work and dedication while in the office, with Obama calling him "the best vice president America's ever had" and a "lion of American history." President Obama continued to praise Joe Biden by stating "To know Joe Biden is to know love without pretense, service without self-regard, and to live life fully."

An emotional Biden responded after receiving his award by saying "This honor is not only well beyond what I deserve, but it's a reflection of the generosity of your spirit, I don't deserve this. But I know it came from the president's heart."

And of course, the internet exploded with love and admiration for the two as it is one of the final acts of friendship we would see from the presidential duo. Recently the social media world began making memes out of the close friendship of Obama and Biden calling it "Washington's ultimate bromance."

However, Obama and Biden are proud of the close friendship they have formed while working together the past eight years. And it's unlike any other relationship we've seen with a president and their vice president. Obama noted his close relationship with Biden in his Farewell Address Tuesday night by saying "To Joe Biden, the scrappy kid from Scranton who became Delaware's favorite son, you were the first choice I made as a nominee and the best," he continues, "Not just because you have been a great Vice President, but because in the bargain, I gained a brother. We love you and Jill like family, and your friendship has been one of the great joys of our life."

But as President Obama's term in office comes to an end, it does not mean an end to his friendship with Joe Biden. Barack Obama has noted several times how close their families have become over the past eight years, and how they will continue their friendship after they leave the Oval Office. So don't worry internet, there's still hope for more Obama and Biden memes!