College students are broke. It's a fact. And if you aren't, don't talk to me, and don't read this article.
As a broke college student in her last semester, I am reminiscing on the crazy things I have had to do in order to save money. Since I am also very cheap, these things were all easy for me to do.
Here are five things that this broke and cheap college student has done to save money. You might have done similar things.
1. Go to events you have absolutely no interest in, just for the free foodGiphy
You never refuse free food. And most events have free food. Even if you aren't interested in what's going on, you go just for a free meal.
2. Go to events you have absolutely no interest in, but you hear they're giving away free souvenirs
These souvenirs will likely serve as birthday or Christmas presents for someone. Also, they might give out shirts, which saves you a shopping trip. Speaking of...
3. Only use your store credit to buy clothing, which means you have a lot of clothes with your campus logo
Hey, no one can accuse you of lacking school spirit. This semester, I inexplicably don't have a lot of clothes. They either don't fit, or are just gone. So, I have been to the bookstore for almost all of my clothing. Now, there are Drew logos on almost all of my shirts.
4. Spend as much time as you can in your dining hall, so you don't have to buy food
You basically have access to an all-you-can-eat buffet. A crappy all-you-can-eat buffet, but still.
5. Sometimes you get your meals from vending machines
A small bag of Sun Chips and a bottle of Lipton iced tea totally counts as dinner.