This Is Why I Love Living In Pensacola

This Is Why I Love Living In Pensacola

What's that? You don't like Pensacola? Let me help!

271
This Is Why I Love Living In Pensacola
Sierra Lyons

So often I overhear my fellow Pensacolians complaining that Pensacola is boring and tiny. I will admit that I have joined in on those types of conversations in the past, complaining that there was absolutely NOTHING to do in this town. But as the days have gone on, I’ve realized that Pensacola is actually a pretty interesting town that can be a ton of fun if you allow it to be! Here are three reasons why living in Pensacola isn’t half bad!

1. Pensacola Beach

Probably my favorite thing about Pensacola is our gorgeous beach. Not everyone in the world has the privilege of living in a town where the beach is just over the bridge! In the past you might have caught me at the beach maybe twice a year! I guess for my mom and dad it was a headache watching three little girls, and making sure we were safe. But now that I’m older, and know not to go so far out in the water that all you can see is the top of my head, the beach has become one of my favorite places. If you live in Pensacola and think that it’s boring but you never go to the beach, stop what you’re doing(after you finish reading my article ;)) and grab your swim suit! Not only is it therapeutic and relaxing to just sit out by the shore, but Pensacola beach also has some really great restaurants, which definitely satisfies the food lover in me!

2. Downtown Pensacola

Okay so now that I don’t get Palafox and Jefferson Street mixed up, downtown has become one of my favorite hangout places with friends. Just taking in the beautiful scenery of downtown is enough to draw me out there every chance I get! But throw in cute little shops, gelato, baseball games and rich history, and you can’t get me away from downtown! I never knew how many unique locally owned businesses were downtown, until I started going there more. So, no Pensacola doesn’t have a Lush but we do have Belle Ame’! One of my favorite places to stop at and indulge in all the wonderful smelling bath bombs and soaps. Once I’m done window shopping, me and my friends usually like to get some of the best gelato I’ve ever tasted from Dolce & Gelato. A downtown visit isn’t complete until I’ve tried a new flavor from them! And lastly, for anyone out there who may not find window shopping or getting cute little cups of italian ice cream fun, there is of course THE Blue Wahoos! Pensacola’s own baseball team! I always have the best time going to a Wahoos game, even though I’m always late to yell “CHARGE!” with the rest of the crowd. Even if you may not fully understand baseball like me, it’s still a great atmosphere and fun place to be!

3.Traffic

This point of why Pensacola isn’t so bad, may not go along with the adventurous theme of the other two points, but let me tell you why this is a great point to me! Yes, I know Brent Lane at 5:30 p.m can be a real pain sometimes. But trust me, compared to a TON of other cities, we ain’t got it that bad! For the most part the traffic here can get a little wild when people are getting off work or school gets out for the day. But overall, you have to admit that Pensacola traffic isn’t THAT bad. Have you ever been stuck in traffic in Orlando, Atlanta, or New York City? Now that’s what I call bad traffic. Here in sunny Pensacola we have worry about whether we should go down Airport Blvd. or Brent Ln in hopes that a train is coming. But people in places like Georgia still have the horrible reversible lanes which just sounds like a nightmare. So the next time you find yourself complaining about Pensacola traffic, remember, people have it worse ;).

In no way am I endorsing any companies that I have mentioned in this article. I simply found that instead of complaining about Pensacola, I should go out and enjoy the things it has to offer. Which is a lot more than you may think. The list could go on and on of why Pensacola is a great place to live, but I’ll let you go out and find out why for yourself!