8 Ways To Breakup With A Bad President

8 Ways To Breakup With A Bad President

The resident currently living in the White House has taken up too much space in our heads and it is like a bad dream, bad relationship, and bad house guest to clear out the old feelings and find a way to stop the madness.

31
8 Ways To Breakup With A Bad President

At least two-thirds of Americans are ready to move on from the past four years and get back to living a normal, less polarized life. The resident currently living in the White House has taken up too much space in our heads and it is like a bad dream, bad relationship, and bad house guest to clear out the old feelings and find a way to stop the madness. The confusion, disfunction, and bullying from our government is not the democratic way. So, I have made a list of ways to get past it.

1. Try and put this into perspective. No matter how much you may wish it never happened, it did, and you can't change the past. To dwell on the painful truth that your fellow Americans have embraced this political grifter is never going to make your future any brighter.
  2. Swear off the guilt of not trying to convince your brother, uncle, grandmother, or co-worker not to make the choice they made to back a con man. You can only assume that with time they will see him as the flawed human that took their trust and respect and shat all over it.
  3. Put away the reminders of this episode in your life. Go ahead, have a bonfire, and throw away all those memories, symbolically this is a cleansing ritual that has proven to be helpful.
  4. Replace your hatred and anger with gratitude. I know this is a hard one. Yet I believe we can all find a reason to be grateful for something. Especially if you have been one of the lucky people with a family that has stayed healthy mentally as well as physically and stayed employed. Count your blessings.
  5. Try to find new conversations to have with your friends and family. It is easy to fall back into that cycle of giving credence to this situation. But we can't have closure until we stop feeding the beast.
  6. Find a new hobby, especially if you are one of those people that spent the last two years, reading, writing, and volunteering in this election. There are a whole lot of charities and organizations that can use some help. Look into tutoring home-schooled children, or volunteer to remind people to get that much-needed vaccine.
  7. Limit your social media for a few months. Heck if you can do it turn off your Twitter, and Facebook on the weekends, or do the opposite and only look at it on the weekends. The least amount of information whether it is propaganda or news should be taken in small sensible doses. Read your local paper and learn what you should know about your local environment and stop worrying.
  8. Understanding our spiritual wellness depends on each of us finding the closure and coming together as we have in the past and making our lives healthy and fulfilled again.

It has been said to me a few times by a very spiritual person that Mr. Trump's reason for being is to suck the energy from his fellow humans. She is not saying in the slang for suck, she means he feeds on other's energy for his need to succeed in life. So, to stop him from taking my energy I must dismiss him, forget him, not let him have space in my head anymore. Remove the idea of him and convince the people I love and respect to do the same. If we all tune him out, he will fade away into the abyss and life will go on for us all.