4 Break-up Movies You Need To Watch
relationships

4 Break-Up Movies That You Need To Watch When You Get Dumped

Because there's nothing like watching sad movies and getting in your feels.

99
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsD0NpFSADM

Break-ups really suck. When you're down in the dumps and feel like crying about it, here are 4 fantastic movies that you should check out. So go buy yourself a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, snuggle in your cozy blankets in bed and whip out your good ol' laptop to watch these movies.

1. "(500) Days of Summer"

This movie is one of my favorite romantic comedies of all time. It's a story of boy meets girl, but as the narrator states, "this is not a love story." The main character, Tom Hansen (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), falls in love with a girl, Summer Finn (Zooey Deschanel) and throughout the course of their relationship, Tom continually puts all of his expectations of the "perfect" girl on Summer, to which she isn't. Great for when you think your ex was the "one" for you but really, they weren't, and you should probably let them go.

2. "Her"

Directed by Spike Jonze, Her is set in a futuristic Los Angeles where the main character, Theodore Twombly (Joaquin Phoenix) falls in love with his artificially-intelligent virtual assistant, Samantha (Scarlett Johansson). The science-fiction elements play a large role in portraying the complexities of love and relationships, and Theodore learns the essence of true love and how to let go of the past. This film won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay, and has been universally acclaimed by critics and viewers alike.

3. "Celeste and Jesse Forever"

Celeste (Rashida Jones) and Jesse (Andy Samberg) were high-school sweethearts who married young and now in their 30s, have decided to get a divorce. But divorcing your best friend isn't exactly the easiest thing to do. This film highlights the importance of time apart after a break-up, to allow each other to move on with your respective lives, and to accept that things can't stay the same anymore. You can't expect to be friends with an ex right away.

4. "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"

Sometimes all we want to do after a break-up is to forget everything about our ex. We can take away all the pictures and the gifts, but the memories still remain. This movie, starring Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet, tells the story of two exes who underwent a special procedure to have their memories of each other erased. But the memories are all that we have left, and each relationship we enter teaches us lessons and allows us to grow, and it's better to have loved and have lost than to never have loved at all.