I'm Pretty Much The Breaker To Your Ice, And I Love It

Does anyone else not loosen up in any conversation because you're already comfortable?
65

Summer is here and I have been doing nothing but catching up with old friends that I didn’t see over the school year, and potentially making new friends with people I didn’t talk to as often in high school.

With that being said, I’ve noticed a trait that I really enjoy about myself. I want to see if any of you can relate to this or feel the same way I do about it. Somehow, I literally don’t know why but I always seem to make my friends feel really comfortable every time I see them.

In other words, I find myself listening to them talk about who knows what for hours, and then they start acting goofier around me. It’s like watching two friends talk for awhile and you begin to notice both of them loosening up with one another, except I’m already loose and they’re not.

Maybe I’m just such a chill person and everyone I hang out happen to be a bit more shy than I am. Now that I really think about it, I’m not shy at all!

Don't get me wrong, I do have my chance to chime in and talk about my own issues but there is no need for me to be tense around other people because it is just a matter of getting to know the other person, which is not a huge deal to me.

I honestly don’t know what I do besides just sit there and listen them talk. Does just listening make a person feel comfortable? Is it something about my facial expressions or how invested I get into a conversation? What is it, because I genuinely don’t know.

I’m not complaining at all, I love listening and hearing all of my friend’s stories. I just genuinely have no idea what makes me such a “easy to talk to” individual.

I hold this trait of mine very dear to my heart because it makes me happy to see others loosening up while talking to me. Having others talk my ear off and joke around with me assures me that they are comfortable around me and that I have their trust.

I love hearing about everybody else's lifestyles because every human is different, and we all come from other paths of life. So I guess there are lots of upsides to being super chill around new people, or just anyone in general!

The more association I have with my friends, the more clearly I see this quality of mine. I am proud of people like myself who take time and effort out of our days to be a comfort blanket for someone who needs it.

My question for everyone reading this is does anyone else stand in the same shoes that I’m in? I am genuinely curious to hear how many of you out there share this same attribute.

Have a great week and WRECK EM TEXAS TECH.