The Best Brands Of Hard Apple Cider

Hard cider is a wonderful thing. It tastes delicious, and it contains alcohol, providing a wonderful alternative for people who are not in the mood for beer, but also don't really want to slam down some shots of hard liquor. Luckily for those people, we have hard cider, and beverages similar to it. It is a truly wonderful thing, and here are five different brands of these sorts of beverages. What do they have in common? Well, I like them all.

1. Angry Orchard Hard Cider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75T2UaZ0WzI

A delicious and refreshing brand of alcoholic cider, Angry Orchard stands at the top of the cider pyramid, as one of the best tasting and most well-known of these sorts of drinks. It comes in many different flavors, the most common of which is Crisp Apple, which is also probably the best flavor, although many other flavors taste quite good as well. Angry Orchard is very, very good, and if you're not careful, it could easily lead to a night that you can hardly remember at all.

2. Redd's Apple Ale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ismqwjU73SA

Another wonderful choice for those looking at beer alternatives, Redd's Apple Ale sports its delicious blend of apples and alcohol. Apparently it's not actually a cider, and is instead an actual beer, or ale, that is infused with the flavors of apples. But, it taste a lot more like cider than beer in my opinion, so I still consider it a proud member of the hard cider family. Also, it comes in many different flavors, from Redd's Blueberry Ale to Redd's Raspberry Ale, and more.

3. Hornsby's Hard Cider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZS2LIq9new

A lesser known choice, but still a solid one, Hornsby's Hard Cider is also very good. Plus, it has a rhinoceros on the front of the bottle, so there's that. Why is there a rhinoceros on the front? Good question. I mean, rhinos have horns, and the cider is called Hornsby's, so that is one possibility. Or, maybe it's simply a way to stick out among the other brands of cider. That way, if someone can't remember what the brand is called, they can just look for the one with a rhino on the front. Either way, it tastes good.

4. Mike's Hard Lemonade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFSqmrfGUnA

Obviously, Mike's Hard Lemonade is not hard cider. The name itself tells you that. It is, however, still delicious, providing the perfect combination of alcohol and lemonade. It may just be the best lemonade I have ever had, probably, you know, because of the alcohol. Available in many different lemonade flavors, Mike's is always a strong choice. It may not be cider, but it is still delicious, and also offers those drinking it the chance to feel like they are not even old enough to legally drink, because drinking Mike's sort of makes you feel like a pathetic 16-year-old at a high school party. But that doesn't matter, because the drink is just so good.

5. Strongbow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6u1IpmiNik

Ahh, Strongbow. This cider is probably the best on the list, and likely the best cider out there. From Gold Apple to Orange Blossom, Strongbow never disappoints. Plus, it has the feel of a slightly more mature drink than some of these other options. You can enjoy the delicious taste of Strongbow while still feeling like an actual adult. It tastes like apples, alcohol, and happiness, which is always a refreshing combination.

Hard cider is often my drink of choice. Not always, but often. It's just, like, so good. It really is. So, if you find yourself seeking out an alternative to beer and wine, and you are at least 21 years of age, then I would definitely recommend one of these five options. Just, you know, drink responsibly, or whatever people say when discussing alcohol.