to the Girl Who NEEDS To be In a Relationship

Spoiler Alert: Boys aren't everything.

1018

Dear Girl Who Needs to Be in a Relationship,

Out of all the people who could be writing this letter to you, I think I am the one who is the most credible to write it. Why you may ask? Simply because I've been there and I was there for way too long.

As I write this, I am currently single, but I am in no need or rush to get into a relationship. The real question that I debate a lot is whether or not I want one. One thing I've learned through watching my friends that are in relationships and watching relationships on TV form, is that relationships are a lot of work and are not always pretty.

Relationships take up a lot of time and effort and will most likely lead to heartbreak. Personally, I don't have the time or effort to get into a relationship right now, and I don't want a heartbreak like that in my life. That's me though, and I know that you may be different.

If you're anything like me, you might have gone on what feels like hundreds of dates and you may have gotten close to getting into a relationship. Trust me, I have and it's frustrating when something doesn't work out. It feels like you've wasted time, and time is something that none of us have to waste.

I am someone that believes in soulmates and that everlasting love. I am someone who believes in the most epic love story of all time. I think and hope that it's out there not only for me, but for everyone else.

With that being said, I have been on way too many bad dates and I have talked to way too many jerks to say that most boys suck and that they aren't everything. While in college, I have learned that most boys only sex and flings. There's nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't quite line up with what relationship-oriented girls want.

If you say that you want a relationship, you might believe in the three-date rule, and you probably don't do the one-night stand thing. You may not even kiss on the first date. That's totally okay, but most guys that around 16-22 don't think like that.

Now I know there are the exceptions but finding a guy that's the exception to this "principle" of life is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. It's semi-near impossible, but it happens, and I've seen it happen first hand. I've said this before; a lot of my friends have had boyfriends and have been in relationships.

They were lucky, and their perspective might be different, but I am coming from a place where I haven't found that boyfriend. I have never had a boyfriend, and it's the most aggravating thing in the world where it takes me a long time to even get close to being in a relationship, and then I see my friends get a boyfriend in the snap of their fingers. It's the craziest thing in the world.

The things that I've learned through all of this is that boys aren't everything. I've been rejected and hurt by guys so many times, but I don't let it get to me. I text a few of my friends, write in my journal, take a nap, and it's like it never happened.

I don't want to be wasting my time pawning over a boy that's not interested in me and doesn't want a relationship with me, and nor should you. This is your time just as much as it is theirs, and you should be living your best life. Your best life doesn't need to include a boy.

I am not going to lie, it would be an added bonus if I had a boyfriend. However, if I had a boyfriend, I wouldn't be able to spend all of my time doing other things. I would want to prioritize him in some way, and right now I have way too many better things to prioritize. You might not realize it now, but so do you.

I don't even know you, but I can tell that you are a strong, amazing, and intelligent woman. I know that most guys aren't worth your time. Live your life, and just go about it.

Everything happens for a reason, and right now the reason why you're single isn't that you're not worthy of a guy, it's because boys aren't worthy of you. Just live life, and someday, you'll meet your Prince Charming. Trust me, I know it for a fact.

Don't live vicariously through your friends in relationships, it won't help, it might make it worse. Just be you because that's all the world needs, you.

Hope this helped, but I get it if it doesn't, I was once in your shoes for the longest time.

From,

Girl Who No Longer Needs to Be in a Relationship