To My Boyfriend Who Said He Wouldn't Fall In Love

I'm so thankful that you did.

47

When I first met you I remember thinking to myself that you were the one for me. You always told me you would never date because it was too hard for you to have deep feelings for someone.

As time passed, you became the boyfriend that I have always wished for. I don't often thank you or act like I appreciate everything you do for me, but I'm more than thankful for you.

Thank you for always comforting me.

I cry, a lot. There has never been a time you have not been by my side when I felt like I failed a test, missed home too much, or just felt like crying because sometimes I'm a little too emotional.

You've always hugged me and comforted me to the best of your abilities. I don't think anything has comforted me more than you rubbing my back after a hard day.

Thank you for doing things for me even when you don't want to.

I know sometimes I ask you to do things, like go outside and grab my Uber Eats, and it annoys you. However, you still do it just in hopes to make me happy. Every day you continually do little things to make me happy and I don't always take in and appreciate them, but they mean the most to me.

Thank you for inviting me into your life.

It was hard for you to fully let me in, but you've done a more than amazing job at it. Having me over to meet your parents, opening up to me about your past, and many more things are the reasons that keep me growing closer and closer to you. I'm so thankful you were able to show me a part of you no one has seen.

Most of all, thank you for loving me.

You always said you couldn't have deep feelings for someone, but you somehow ended up having them for me. You've loved me in different aspects and have never given up even when things get rocky. You're one of my best friends, and I couldn't imagine it being any other way. So, thank you for loving me in a way no one else has.