To My Boyfriend, My Best Friend

To My Boyfriend, My Best Friend

You are everything to me and more.

80
To My Boyfriend, My Best Friend
Roseanna Gammone

Dear Will,

We just made two years on June 6. How did the time fly by so fast? I still remember that first awkward day when we met. I thought you were so adorable and funny and I didn't know anything about you or who you are. As soon as I saw you, we hugged and I felt like I already knew you. It didn't take long for me to fall in love with you because truthfully, after that first day you were all that was on my mind. We talked for hours on end when we didn't get to see each other and when we were together we were all over each other. The truth is that it only took me two weeks—two weeks for me to realize I'm in love with you.

You told me after a week of knowing me that you loved me and I thought you didn't know what you were saying. I really wanted to say it back so bad but truthfully I was scared. You asked me to be your girlfriend after the second week and that's when I was finally able to say I love you, too. I wasn't waiting for the girlfriend title either. I guess I just wanted some security or I thought people would judge me if I told you I loved you after only knowing you for a week. Now I realize that I shouldn't have cared.

I will forever remember how you asked me to be your girlfriend. It was the best proposal I've ever gotten. You got down on one knee, in your drunken state in your friend's bathroom and asked me. It honestly was amazing. Even after we were both sober, nothing had changed and I knew you really loved me.

We've been through a lot these past two years and we've honestly gotten through every single one. Even things that were meant to tear us apart, never did. We've both made mistakes and some that I regret, but it has only made us stronger.

I've never loved someone so much in my life, and honestly it was a miracle how we met because when does that ever happen to anyone? We both took a chance on each other and I'm forever grateful for you.

Even though we have our moments where we fight and try to kill each other, I know that at the end of it we both just wanna cuddle and hug each other and make it right. Nobody can ever take your place and nobody can ever make me feel the way that you do. You're my other half, my soulmate, and my best friend and I would be lost without you. I love it when you plan our future together and when we talk about all of the amazing adventures we're gonna take together this summer. I know this will be the best summer yet.

Thank you for making me feel like a princess, not only in the way that you treat me, but when you take me out to dinner whether it be our anniversary or just because you want to. That truly makes me feel so special.

You are everything to me and more and I can't wait to see what our future has in store for us. Thank you for being who you are.

All my love, your girlfriend.