Some people may criticize me by saying that I don’t dedicate enough time to other things that don’t involve my boyfriend. I completely understand where they are coming from, but it's frustrating when people don't understand the position from which I am coming. Instead, there is some judgment that I'm not experiencing life.

Do people not see that I am happy? Is it so wrong that there are so many things that I want to do with him? Is it bad that we get along so well that we can hangout all the time?

I’m not going to apologize that my boyfriend is my best friend.

I feel the stigma around girls who spend a significant amount of time with their boyfriends. It wouldn’t be a problem if I was constantly hanging out with one of my friends. It's just a problem because I’m dating him.

Instead of looking at the amount of time I spend with my boyfriend as a negative, I see the upside of the situation. We get along with each other so well that we can spend every day together without going crazy. Isn’t it a good sign that I can spend so much time with him since that is what our future will be like? Doesn’t that mean that we have a great relationship?

Yes, there are times when I would rather stay in with my boyfriend than go out with other people, but I don’t do this every single time. We aren’t so dependent on each other that we can’t spend time apart from each other.

We know that there needs to be a healthy balance.

We take the time for ourselves by spending time with our friends and family. We can have fun without the other person. In fact, I love seeing my boyfriend happy hanging out with his close friends or focusing on his own hobbies.

I got lucky that my boyfriend is my closest friend. It is one of the best feelings to know that our relationship is that strong.